just a test
The current situation in Syria makes me want to fucking puke. My vomit though, is not be induced because of what is actually happening there but instead is being caused by the reaction we are seeing from the United States, United Kingdom and their allies. As usual, the good old USA, the land of the free, is pondering whether to cowardly act as if they have any sense of morality or justice when in truth, they do not give one flying fuck about the people killed in Syria. Proof of this is so obvious that a child could point it out in a matter of seconds.
The whole world is up in arms over a suspected chemical attack in Syria recently that is said to have claimed 1,300 lives. Now, while that many people being murdered is definitely worth our attention, as usual the United States is openly showing that it neither cares about murdered foreigners, nor does it care about freedom. What do i mean by that? let me explain…
The uprising in Syria has been going on for well over a year now and by most estimates, as many as 50,000 people have been killed. Let me repeat that….50,000 people. This is where my confusion sets in. If the United States cares about innocents being killed as much as they like to act like they do, then why haven’t we intervened up to this point? Why are we ok with 50,000 people being killed by bullets and bombs but when 1,300 die in a chemical attack, we are suddenly filled with nobility to save lives?? It is truly yet another example of American hypocrisy abroad. Our continued passion, as a nation, to control any and all aspects of the Muslim world is beyond sickening, it is actually bordering on a form of genocide towards people that live a very different life than we do. Once again we are pondering attacking a country that has not attacked us, has not attacked any of our allies, and in doing so we once again are deciding to force what we believe on a sovereign nation, whether they want us to or not.
Now please, do me a favor, and do not even dare to try and say that we are considering military action because of our morals or our concern for the dead in the Syrian conflict because if that is what you truly think you have either lost your damn mind or you believe that America should take over the world forcefully. There have been conflicts raging all over this planet for decades, conflicts that have seen ten times as many people killed and we have stood idly by, not even discussing it on a national level. Somalia is a perfect example of this. There has been civil war raging in Somalia since 1991 and during the 20 years that have passed when it started, over 500,000 people have died. During those twenty years, where were all you fucking sheep who are demanding action against Syria then?? Where is your bleeding heart for all the women and children that are dying every day in Somalia as well as numerous other long standing conflicts in Africa?
It’s not there because Americans who support the government are brainless fucking sheep who believe whatever news source is their favorite one to pound thoughts into their feeble minds every day. No one is calling for military action in Somalia or any of the other African countries where innocents die every day because they aren’t in the Middle East, plain and simple. All the current reports being done on the Syria issue are painting Russia and China as “heartless” for not caring about the deaths in Syria or supporting action against them, but in truth, those two countries are showing far more honesty about how they feel about it that the United States is.
Now, I am not saying what is happening in Syria is good or is right. In truth it sounds horrific, but how can the United States expect to get worldwide support for anything anymore? We have proven to the rest of the world a loooong time ago that we are amongst the most slimy, integrity-lacking, lowlifes on the planet and we will lie, cheat and steal with no shame to advance our hypocritical agenda. Our concern over what is happening in Syria has NOTHING to do with the people dying and has everything to do with out constant fiending for power. We want to control Syria because we want to control Iran. We want to control Iran for the oil there, for the opium there and so we can feel as if we are the most powerful nation on the planet. We want control of that area so we can have every advantage we can get over Russia and over China, despite the fact that our greed for money is what is currently fueling China’s growth.
Now, you can read this post and think I hate America, think I hate freedom and think I don’t care about innocent death but if that is what you get from this post then you were already to far gone into a state of brainwashed stupor for me to ever show you anything anyways. A country that dishonestly uses everything they can to advance secret agendas so they can conquer the world is the lowest form of scum on this planet, and the United States stands at the head of that line without a doubt. I truly hope people see the hypocrisy going on right now and refuse to stand by it, that would really make me happy, but unfortunately, most people are too busy watching Miley Cyrus shake her as on MTV to care…….humanity should be ashamed of themselves…
It has been a while folks. Staying home with a one year old is a full-time job so I took a blogging break over the summer. After a lot of fun with the kids, a trip to Coco Beach, Florida for a ten day vacation, and a nice summer, life has resumed it normalcy. The kids are back in school, and I am again using my free time to express my staggering disbelief over human behavior and society. Today, as a resident of Illinois……..arguably the worst state in the Union, I wanted to take a few minutes to point out some logical reasons I see in the marijuana laws in this particular state as a glowing example of how money, hypocrisy and illogical thinking continue to plague our people, Americans, at every turn.
Consider the following statistics concerning DUI statistics in Illinois from 2011
- 50,000+ people are arrested for DUI every year in Illinois
- In Illinois, 30.4 percent of all total driving fatalities in Illinois were alcohol related
- 22.4 percent of all total driving fatalities of people under the age of 21 were alcohol related, almost a quarter of them.
Those statistics are all glaring examples of why having alcohol legal and sold on every other block in this country is beyond ludicrous while keeping marijuana, a far less addictive and dangerous drug, illegal for possession or use. The whole concept of keeping a drug such as marijuana illegal based on it’s “negative effects” on people would make a lot of sense……if alcohol, something much worse by a wide margin, is available at every restaurant, bar and sporting event throughout the country. You don’t need to have endless statistics to argue the following points.
- Marijuana is far less addictive than alcohol- This one is common knowledge. Marijuana can be addictive, there is no doubt about that but something just being addictive isn’t necessarily grounds to make it illegal. Yes, there are regular smokers who use pot habitually but if they were to suddenly stop, the only real withdrawal is generalized anxiety over not having more. Withdrawal from severe alcoholism can literally kill a person. Withdrawal from cigarettes, arguably the most dangerous drug you can legally consume, is so devastating from a mental standpoint that most cigarette smokers winds up completely ignoring the fact that they are knowingly shortening their lives by continuing their smoking habit. Consider the previous two statements then explain to me how marijuana is more dangerous or addictive than tobacco or alcohol.
- Marijuana has medical uses- It is a known fact that marijuana consumption can have positive medical effects on more than two dozen conditions including glaucoma, various forms of cancer, multiple sclerosis and HIV/AIDS. It can provide pain relief and even act as a curing agent for these and other conditions. Have you ever heard of a doctor telling someone to drink as source of medical relief? How about a doctor prescribing someone to smoke more cigarettes?? Of course not, because both alcohol and tobacco have well established histories of being nothing but harmful, they provide no positive results in the body. This is not true when it comes to marijuana, which has been proved on a more and more regular basis to have positive results when used to alleviate suffering with various conditions.
- Almost one-third of all traffic fatalities are alcohol related- Do I have to say more? That statement is basically telling you that approximately one- third of our traffic fatalities are 100% preventable and also 100% caused by legal alcohol. How can this be? When we hear the reasons for marijuana to be illegal, is there a single negative statement that can be made about the drug that would be more severe than causing a third of all our traffic fatalities?
- Marijuana, a victimless crime, could be making more money for a state like Illinois, a state going bankrupt, a state unable to pay it’s teachers. If you took all the money that could be made in taxes on the sale of marijuana, a drug people are using everywhere regardless of the law, and then took the amount of money that would be saved by not policing and prosecuting users, maybe Illinois could actually live up to it’s financial responsibilities as a state government. Instead, during a time when the Illinois state government owes my children’s school district over a MILLION DOLLARS, they are out chasing and prosecuting people for using something faaaaaaar less dangerous than legal cigarettes and alcohol.
In the end, most of the points I made above are basic common knowledge. The reason this issue bugs me a little more than some people is that I live in Illinois, a state that has seen something like 4 of it’s last 6 governors go to jail. Illinois, a state that misuses funds, a state that is failing it’s citizens as much as if not more than every other state and as they are doing this, a product like marijuana, that could produce revenue and reduce law enforcement costs, therefore freeing that money up for things like CHILDREN’S EDUCATION, is still being demonized as things like alcohol and smoking are doing far worse damage every single day.
There is so much debate over the actions of our leaders in this country, I thought it would be fun to imagine a scenario. I want to share what questions I would ask our leaders if I had the chance to corner them and demand an answer….
- “When banks like Wells Fargo and others were bailed out with the tax dollars of the American people, how was it not a conflict of interest for the members of Congress, who OWN stock in the very same banks, to be the ones making the decision to use tax dollars of Americans who DO NOT own stock in those banks to protect the financial interests of those who do?”
- “How is it beneficial foreign policy to only have a problem with the morality of who we do business with when they won’t walk side by side with us? For example, we were in business with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, etc. when they were doing the very same things we later demonized them for while they were our allies?”
- “Why should countries such as Iran and North Korea feel obligated to follow international nuclear proliferation rules when Israel is allowed to just ignore them? Even if we think those countries are of a lower moral standard, do we teach that laws only must be followed by the immoral?”
- “Why is it an act of terrorism when individuals blow up our citizens, but when we strike other countries with drones and kill innocent people it isn’t?”
- “If our main, most followed, media sources both receive talking points from political parties, and have the majority of their staffs filled with people still affiliated with those parties, how is that any different than the government control media sources in dictatorships around the world?”
- “Why is every single member of our Congress wealthy? If we truly live in a fair democracy where everyone has an equal chance to succeed and to lead, then wouldn’t it be an impossibility for only the wealthy to be elected every single time?”
- “If our children are our greatest asset, then why doesn’t our society compensate teachers like they do our entertainers?”
- “Shouldn’t our leaders, because of the widespread impact of their decisions and behaviors, be held to a more stringent level of accountability?”
I had today what I believe will be my greatest epiphany, my greatest vision, and now I feel stupid for not seeing it sooner. It is so obvious, so plainly in sight to all of us that I now find it shocking that it took me this long to see it. Houdini was a great magician, perhaps the greatest of all time,and the reason he was great was that he understood the awe-inspiring power of misdirection. The skill of keeping your focus on his left hand as his right put the key to his binds in the lock, freeing himself in a seemingly magical moment. Misdirection is what gave me my epiphany, finally allowing me to see the left hand without be distracted by the right….let me explain.
Right now, the United States has become a beacon to the world of conspiracy. The government, banks, agencies, leaders, they are all targets of constant accusations of secrecy, of worldwide plots. Gun rights, privacy issues, controversial wars, questionable elections, all these issues, I now realize, are Houdini’s left hand people.
I want all my friends who believe in conspiracy, any conspiracy, to consider the following; The people you hate, the people you distrust, are all in the same general group, that being the elite, the government, the power brokers of the world. You all know, as I do, that these people are in control so why would they risk it? Why have a massive power grab when they already HAVE all the power?
The majority of the population of the United States is not going to suddenly unify, organize and declare all out war on the government, they are too divided and with all the anger out there, if it was gonna happen it would have already. The informed among us know that and so does the leadership. But if a power grab isn’t the plan then why are the elite consolidating power? The only good reason I can come up with is that something is forcing them to, something they are aware of and haven’t shared with us, something massive, beyond their control. A cataclysmic event that they know they cannot prevent. That explains the control of the food, the stockpiling of weapons and resources currently taking place in most of the most powerful countries, and what better way to prepare in secret, to keep the masses in the dark to prevent chaos then to have a “left hand”, a massive and constant distraction creating the illusion of a cause, freeing those in the know to prepare for the real issue that hasn’t been revealed?
The more I consider this, the more obvious it seems to me. Think about it people, our government controls EVERYTHING in this nation; the food supply, all communications, all space related technology, all the highest levels of medicine, technology, safety as far as surviving a disaster goes…..there is no reason to risk it unless they HAVE to, and these people behind the scenes are FAR too intelligent to just risk it all when they don’t have to.
So what’s coming? A plague? An asteroid? A massive eruption such as the kind that Yellowstone could produce? It is hard to say but I am certain of one thing; you need to prepare, both physically and mentally, because if there is some unknown danger approaching us all you can guarantee a few very specific things. First off, anyone with a clue knows as well as I do that if there was a specific, known, cataclysmic event coming, those in power would never reveal it if they knew they couldn’t stop it. Doing so would cause inconceivable panic and chaos, and chaos cannot be controlled as easily as order. Secondly, they would do all they could to prepare themselves in secret, doing things like, I don’t know, stockpiling weapons, building secret camps as FEMA does for disaster shelters, control all the sources of information and sharing information with other world powers so that they can all horde resources……sound familiar?? It should…it’s exactly what’s happening right now, you’re all fighting about it every day, creating reasons for it to be happening when the real reason is lost on everyone, exactly the way they like it.
Call me crazy but remember this; Those in power already HAVE the power, they already HAVE the control, there is no REASON that people that were intelligent enough to do everything they have done would tear down what they have built so they can control it all, THEY ALREADY DO!
There MUST be a reason they would prepare for chaos, if there was not, they could simply stand by and maintain what they already have. Think about it.
Think about these facts, then think about humanity, then think about how we all get together for the holidays and give thanks for all we have. We give thanks for all we have and then act like this…….
- We settle our disputes through mass killing competitions. The first one to give up after having the most people killed loses
- Throwing a ball through a hoop well will earn you a better financial life than teaching children
- Our planet is made almost entirely of water, yet thousands drink dirt every day.
- Some countries are full of obese people, gorging themselves on fatty, overindulgent foods while millions of children starve every day
- As a race of people, we fight to the death for the right to constantly consume things we know will make us ill, then fight with each other over the costs of healing ourselves.
- All around the globe we have people who literally hate other people based on the pigment of our skin.
- We kill each other over various beliefs in all-powerful beings there has never been any proof of existing.
- We value a person’s exterior beauty much more than the measure of what kind of person they are on the inside.
- We have sets of rules that, if not followed, cause some humans to lock others in cages for the entirety of their natural lives.
- We use procreation for pleasure as often as we do for procreation and if another life is produced, we fight to the death for the right to exterminate it
- The biggest and most consistent liars and thieves in each country are often appointed to the most important positions of leadership
- Humans imprison other living things to experiment on with items used for nothing more than enhancing our appearances on a cosmetic level
- Mass amounts of the public will believe anything if they hear it enough times on electronic boxes in all our homes
- Communications between members of the public are regularly monitored by agencies full of people who are never elected
- Our science allows for human beings to be grown in a lab as opposed to being born
- Little by little, humans the world over are adding more and more man-made technology to the human body
- We spend trillions of dollars, during a time when people are unemployed, hungry and jobless, to explore planets we have distant hope of reaching when we have yet to even fully explore our own oceans
- Governments secretly pump chemicals into our air, our water and our food with the intention of making citizens more docile and submissive
- We protect the right to be verbally abusive to other human beings because our right to say such things is more important to us than the pain those very words cause others
- Depending on where you live, we teach our children different versions of what actually happened in history
- We have no respect for nature
- We have no respect for each other
- Penalties for violating laws have lesser penalties for those who are either wealthy or famous
- We compensate those who act out fictional stories more than we compensate those who run into burning buildings to save our children from certain death
- Our entire transportation system and system of moving supplies, food etc about revolves around the use of inefficient, expensive machines that constantly pollute the air we breathe
- We have people the world over who are willing to literally kill themselves as long as the action that kills them also kills their enemies
- Every day that goes by we are creating more and more technology not to make our lives easier but instead to completely replace our actions, often actions that have been part of our behavior for hundreds of years
- Every day that goes by, humans are becoming less and less mobile and social, we exist in a world that is half reality and half cyberspace
- The government agencies that are responsible for collecting taxes, and using whatever methods they deem necessary to collect said taxes, are not made of elected officials that we have given our trust to
- There is a rash of musicians, that are children themselves, spreading a brand of music subtlety promoting sex and materialism. This is causing children to act, behave, and be involved in things far too “adult” for them
This may seem like a list of complaints but before you decide that consider the full and total impact of the things I have brought to your attention. Every one of these points is both true and dangerous when discussing our race. These things are not problems that just appeared yesterday. Instead, they are long-standing growing problems that, in time, are going to have more and more of a negative impact on the daily lives of all of us. No matter how isolated this group or that group may be, the Earth is not getting any bigger. Every day that passes, the things I mentioned above are getting closer to you. Closer as the population grows and we are all shoved closer and closer together. We can only build up for so long.
So what solutions are there? How do we get back on track? I wish I had an answer for you but I do not. It seems the very fabric of the human race, the fabric of our nature, has become corrupted. It is almost as if a black cloud hangs over us all, magnifying and encouraging the worst aspects of the human mind. We are truly lost as a race.
I often come across with a lot of negative vibe when discussing world affairs or philosophical points. To be fair though, I do feel I try to offer solutions, even if they seem unlikely to ever be used. Here are ten things I think would drastically improve the direction of the United States in a way that would benefit everyone except for those that are doing more harm than good.
It is time for the people to put a few demands on the table for the well-being of all of us. It is time for us to quit following the patterns of behavior we have developed just because “it has always been that way”. I mean, how fucking stupid does a person have to be to sit there and say “I know this doesn’t work but we’ve always done it that way so we shouldn’t change.”
1. Make it illegal for members of Congress to own stocks of any kind.- So right off the bat I have extreme solution number one. Do not give me the song and dance about how they have the right to invest. These men and women are taking oaths to represent the people, then turn on them for financial gain at the expense of the very people who elected them. If you want to be wealthy as far as stocks go, if you want a massive portfolio of investments, go ahead…….but do it outside of Congress. The members of Congress, as well as the presidential choices we’ve had, have become so poor that we have forgotten that they work for us. They are more than compensated with six figure salaries and all their expenses and accommodations(which are usually fairly luxurious). The point is this…..it is time we forcibly restore honor to the position of representation. We do this by making the job of a politician more one of esteem for good deeds than as a conduit to massive wealth. Again, if you want to be super rich, have a massive investment portfolio, go right ahead. But for the good of all of us, you can’t do BOTH that and win a Senate seat. If you want to represent your fellow citizens, help improve your country, make the country’s future and the way it will affect your children a positive thing, then we will happily pay you well over $100,000 dollars along with great insurance, all work expenses paid and a great pension. You just can’t own any stock. This first change alone would have a drastic effect on the general level of accomplishment from our always bickering current Congress because we would have people in it for the nobility of it. Yes, the money would drive some of them still, a six figure salary is a lot of money over a lifetime, but when the decisions they make as far as government contracts, as far as regulation, as far as any kind of federal favoritism, there will be no conflict of interest clouding their decisions. Does that mean all their decisions will be great? Of course not but at least there will not be an obvious financial motivation.
2. Significantly reduce the size of the United States military.- Calm Down! Sorry, that was for all the people who barely read that sentence and assumed I want either the downfall of the United States or for us to get invaded. Get real. The size of our military would be beyond massive even if you cut it in half. Tens of thousands of fighter jets, bombers, transports, tanks, transport trucks and tanks, all manner of land air and sea vehicles. Over 4,000 nuclear bombs…..4,000……..and enough aircraft carriers to conquer the world. Two dozen satellites…most countries have maybe a few at most, none that equal the technological advances of ours. Some people would tell you we need all these things to remain “safe” in the modern world. I would tell you those people are morons. We have so overbuilt our military that it almost seems like we almost have to be at war all the time to avoid having tens of thousands of pieces of equipment just gathering dust. Why? Why do we need a military large enough to easily defeat a force that does not exist? You want to keep a strong military that is fine but 700 billion dollars per year?? Wasteful, unnecessary and money spent on killing that could be instead spent on caring.
3. Start Taking The Integrity Of The Media Seriously.- There is no truth coming from our media sources. Like the corporations getting an unfair advantage, our media sources are owned by the people they do the vast majority of their reporting on. Being a journalist should be a position that is revered for its honesty, its lack of bias. Having a literal army of former party members still financially connected to the parties they are reporting on should be highly irregular, if not illegal. These people, the media sources, have a responsibility to the public to report facts yet the people doing the commentary, all former politicians, do exactly the opposite as they spin every story they can to their parties advantage as if they were still elected officials. This conflict of interest, along with many others, needs to be forcibly stopped by the people. It is time for us to put our feet down and use the power in numbers we have to DEMAND things like this change.
4. Get Religion Out Of The Government- Look, let’s be honest, religion is becoming a less and less serious part of the American way and that is only a problem if you believe the government should enforce religious views. Not everyone believes in God and even if they say they do, they often have different levels of commitment and styles of interpretation of scripture. While religion is an important part of many people’s lives, it is not a proven fact, a unified belief and therefore has no place in the operation of our government. The one thing about religion that no sane person can argue is that everything about it is about belief and with that being true, we cannot write laws to govern such things.Our government is not the Church, they are not there to enforce scripture on the people, many of who do not believe in said scripture. Abortion, Gay Marriage, prayer in school, none of these are issues that are to be solved through laws and government. Instead, it is up to each person to make their own decision and up to the rest of the people to stay out of their lives. It is also up to society to provide environments where a person’s personal beliefs are neither forced or restricted as long as they aren’t harming anyone else. Don’t like what you neighbor thinks about God? Then shutup and don’t worry about it because if you truly believe in what you say you do, it is up to your God to decide their fates.
5.Adjust the priorities of what we are spending tax dollars on- It is truly amazing what we spend our money on as far as taxes and government go in this country. To advance as a nation and as a people, we need to start putting the correct emphasis on what we use our tax dollars for. Spend money on education instead of war. Spend money on infrastructure instead of secret experimentation. We have enough defense to stop an invasion force larger than any on this planet so instead of continuing to build as if we are invaded on a daily basis, instead spend that money on the physical and mental well-being of the people. Recognize logic and instead of being afraid of offending this group or that one, do what common sense dictates. As far as social services go, make sure the money being given out is being used for what it is supposed to. If you are on welfare, unemployment, or any other kind of government entitlement then you are receiving enough help to be open to being drug tested to ensure that the money the rest of the taxpayers are giving you is not being spent so you can get high.
6. Make the intelligence and other agencies in our government more transparent and therefore more accountable.- Agencies like the CIA are out of control. There is no reason that these agencies need either the bloated budgets they have or the leeway to just operate as they see fit. The CIA has been spending your tax dollars on assassinating people, drugging American citizens, financing private wars with dictators that we later hunt down and kill, interfering with and influencing sovereign governments, trafficking drugs, trafficking weapons and any additional number of highly illegal activities. They are breaking the law on a regular basis and the scariest part of it is the acceptance of their behavior by our citizens. It is almost an accepted fact that the CIA had some level of involvement in assassinating JFK, trafficking weapons and drugs to the Mexican drug cartels and any number of horrific actions that would be considered “terrorism” if another agency outside this country did them. If that is the case then why isn’t it terrorism when the CIA does it?
7. Close military bases protecting other countries until we have a balanced budget.- I have no problem with us helping other countries but until we have our own backyard in order, why should our money be protecting others while we struggle? We have built this country fighting our own battles and instead of losing American lives and American tax dollars protecting the borders of other countries, we should instead have those troops and those dollars doing things that will contribute positively to our economy and our own borders…..borders that have illegal immigrants pouring through them along with countless illegal drugs for years(some of them by the CIA, see #6).
8. Put crushing penalties on corporations and companies that send jobs out of the country.- Our jobs need to stay here. You want your company to make money in other countries? Then move there. The days of companies raking in huge profits off our people while paying people in other countries to produce what they are selling needs to end. Our country exists at a higher level than most and if we want to keep it that way, the jobs need to stay here. American products need to be produced by American people if we are going to regain the manufacturing prowess this country used to have. You want to employ Chinese people who you can pay half as much? THEN MOVE TO CHINA AND TAKE YOU COMPANY WITH YOU. Trust me, Americans will find a way to fill the void you leave with American made products by American employees being sold for American prices in the American economy.
9. Make acts of government corruption a one-strike, life imprisonment offense.- It is not possible to “accidentally” rip off the American people and as the citizens, and the OWNERS of this country, we need to demand the highest level of integrity from our leaders. You don’t think that penalty is fair? Then do not run for office because when you do and then you rip the people off, we all suffer so much, so many people are affected that there is no way you should not spend the rest of your life behind bars. There is no argument against this that holds any water and to argue against harsher penalties is to try to make an excuse for people to be doing things they KNOW are wrong. In the old, old days there was a thing called an angry mob and people feared them. Today, the leadership has done everything they can to legislate corruption right into the system and also allow chance after chance for these guys to commit crimes right out in the open and get only a slap on the wrist while regular citizens spend decades in jail for far lesser crimes.
10.SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT HOSTESS!!!WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT TWINKIES!!!- Sorry I had to put one fun one in there…..:)
So the election is over and we know who our president will be until the year 2016. To me, this election showed us a few different things…
- The people no longer care- There are over 211 million eligible people to vote in this country and like myself, many of them did not. All told, about 105 million of those eligible voted. Now before you attack those who did not vote, consider a few of their opinions. First off, many of them, such as myself, truly believes as sure as I believe I am writing this post that our votes no longer count. I, and many like me, see a system that holds elections that are no longer free. Corporate influence and overall wealth have so integrated themselves into the system that thinking your vote is going to change anything is an exercise in ignoring reality. The two controlling parties, as they usually do, flexed their muscle in writing rules to prevent other parties from playing on an equal playing field, effectively stopping them from running with any chance of victory. The deck has become so stacked against outside parties that it is laughable. For example, Gary Johnson, this year’s Libertarian candidate received a meager 1 million votes of the 105 million cast and he and his supporters are excited about it!! That is how bad it has gotten, that third parties rejoice when they receive less than 1% of the total vote. If that is not an example of accepted servitude i do not know what is.
- The people already knew Obama was going to win- The usual media circus that explodes every election cycle is nothing more than another form of control. These sources of information are controlled by the very groups of people running for the offices so of course they are going to put little to no effort into making sure all the candidates get exposure. On top of that, the regular election cycle also produces what the top elite have deemed an “appropriate candidate” for the current times and they it may sway from one side(GW Bush) to the other(Obama) every so many years, in essence you have no real choice at all. I mean cmon…….why do you think Obama destroyed McCain and Romney? Because he is a better politician? Of course not, instead it is because he was the more attractive candidate between two that were essentially the same. McCain and Romney are both basically white versions of Obama, plain and simple. Obama though, as a liberal and as a Democrat and also as an African-American, has the most tools of influence to maintain the status quo and when his terms run out, the two parties will find another person to placate the masses. Maybe a woman next time. I say these things that may seem politically incorrect because this how stupid the people in this country have become when it comes to allowing themselves to become influenced by emotion. Seriously, think about it……most of the people in this country are willing to accept the fact that our drone strikes are killing children because “it’s for America” so therefore, morality goes out the window. The same has happened to our election process.
- The country is well on its way to collapse Again, this may sound dramatic but think of all the problems we have had over the last 4-6 years. Now consider the fact that the very same guy who has been in charge during it is in charge for another four years. Now further consider that the Congress, most of them having been the people making the decisions for at least the last 8 years or so, are the people who will now work with the guy who hasn’t done anything to do something…..whew…..starting to see the problem here? Our country is only continuing to grow and as it does, our debt is growing as well. On top of that, as the system falls further and further behind because of our overspending we, at the same time, are seeing more and more people becoming dependent on the government each day. With all that being true, how long will it be before something has to give and the system starts to truly collapse under the weight of its own incompetence? We are militarily spread all over the world. We have agencies, such as the CIA, committing crimes as part of their daily business routine. All the banks own all the land and all the members of the government are heavily invested in the banks. When the bank act unethically and endanger their profits, they simply take tax dollars that are supposed to go to things we need and just give it to the banks until they make more money acting unethically. Other superpowers, such as China, not only own most of our debt but are rapidly catching up with us in a military sense. Along with Russia, China has stonewalled the United States in some military issues such as Syria, and the days when the United States spoke and the world followed are quickly disappearing. We keep trying to police the weapons, behavior and capabilities of other sovereign nations and what we have done is turned ourselves from freedom fighters there for the people to murderers, willing to start wars and kill people over financial issues such as oil. All this added together really paints a bleak picture of the world we are leaving for our children. Will there even be a United States as we know it in 50 years? Once an unthinkable question, there is now a lot of merit to debate what another 35 years or so of the current policies, debt, government/corporate unity and general irresponsibility is going to do to us.
These are my points, my views, but I try to look at these issues as realistically as I can. I hope you’ll do the same.
I haven’t posted in a while but wanted to explain why I fully and truly believe that casting a vote in tomorrow’s election is not only pointless, but is also a step towards continuing your servitude to a system that is broken, not working, and making everything worse for the average American. I have heard all the reasons to vote and I know this opinion is the minority one, but I hope you will take the time to read this post with an open mind and realize that I am not trying to convince you based on my opinion. Instead I will show you a mountain of evidence that shows, even to the most patriotic American, that not only is our system completely broken, but also doomed to continue to be that way as long as the current path of repair remains the same. Please feel free to comment if you think the facts I provide are not legitimate.
- The dominance in numbers of the two controlling parties will make it nearly impossible for additional parties to ever gain a significant number of representatives any time in the next half century. Using the 2011-2012 numbers, in the United States Senate had 51 Democrats, 47 Republicans and 2 independents. So in over 200 hundred years, and especially the last 20 which has seen an up-rise in the number of third parties seeking election, all of 2 independents have managed to grab Senate seats. They are window dressing, pure and simple. The same thing goes for the House of Representatives where we see 240 Republicans, 197 Democrats and 4 vacant seats. Again, virtually no independent representation. My point is this; at the rate that parties outside the main two are gaining offices, it will literally take hundreds of years to see any of the parties other than the main two have any kind of leverage in our government. The parties in power have written rule after rule to ensure that while small offices may fall to the independents, they are the only offices that will fall. In a twist of pure genius, these few offices, having little chance to force any change, have the effect of placating the voters into thinking they are getting a choice when in fact, the deck is so stacked against them that the only thing they are truly getting is the illusion of their vote counting. I mean, what chance do they have? Their candidates are shut out of national debate by rules written by the very people they are trying to defeat.They have to fight tooth and nail in the court system to even have their candidate as a choice you are allowed to make. I mean, in a truly free election, shouldn’t every candidate be an option for your vote?
- The corporate influence is so strong, and so connected to the current leadership that writes all the election rules, that they have an obvious level of control over who wins. Where to even begin on this one…..let me give you an example…..here is a list of the ten companies that are most heavily invested in by the members of Congress.
- Exxon Mobil- Crushing the country with higher and higher fuel prices and making trillions in doing so. Why would the people in office invested in this company want to do anything to lower their profits or their prices? If they did, the elected official stands to lose money on his or her investment so how is this conflict of interest allowed??
- AT&T- Telecommunications. Invested in by the government officials and therefore controlled by them. Again, if those who vote on decisions to allow a telecommunications company to do this or that are the telecommunications companies shareholders well then of course those shareholders are going to be as lenient and cooperative as they possibly can, even if it violates your civil liberties.
- Wells Fargo-Received bailout money because they were deemed “too big to fail”. Well if the shareholders are members of Congress, and Congress decides whether to give them your money so that those same members of Congress don’t lose money on their stocks, how is that not a huge conflict of interest? In the case of the bailouts, what basically happened was a bunch of stockholders(members of Congress) saw that the companies they have millions of dollars invested in were about to fail, so they then use the law, written by people in their position, to force you to contribute tax dollars, whether you like it or not(you don’t pay, you go to jail under the laws written by previous men in their position) to save the companies and therefore ensure the success of their financial investments. You have become a legally bound financial backer to members of Congress!
- Intel- Massive tech company that has countless government contracts. Those contracts are often approved by committees full of members of Congress who own stock in Intel! So, like AT%T, elected members of Congress slowly integrate these tech and communication into the government through all sorts of military and civilians contracts….contracts they decide on…..and of course they are going to give them to the companies that they own stock in.
- Pfizer- Pharmaceutical company. During a time when healthcare is a huge issue, do you really think the people who own Pfizer stock(many members of Congress) are going to do all they can to lower drug costs when doing so would lower the overall value of their investments in the very same company?
- Cisco-Same situation as Intel, AT&T, and Microsoft. All connected to our military and the operation of our government and when there are contracts, whether they are civilian or military, the members of the government who own these companies stocks are always going to do what makes them more money on their investments. Cisco is also largely intertwined with the news networks as well……news networks that have taken sides and whose rosters are filled with countless former officials still using propaganda to fight for their party of choice.
- Microsoft-I am sick of repeating myself. Look at Intel, Pfizer and Cisco.
- Bank of America-Another bank that made millions and millions acting horribly irresponsibly and when their incompetence looked like it might crush to company, its stockholders(members of Congress) voted to take your money to bail them out, therefore ensuring once again that their stocks value was acceptable to them.
- Procter&Gamble-See my above comments on Pfizer……basically the same situation.
- General Electric- Massive technological company. Integrated into communication, electronics, transportation and a variety of other areas giving the members of our government investment in basically every area of the infrastructure of the country.
Now you need to understand, I realize it may seem as if I am saying the members of Congress should not have the right to invest in companies but I am not. I am only pointing out the fact that a system that allows the situation I just explained to develop is one that is doomed to always benefit the few over the many. Additionally, it almost guarantees that the representatives elected by the people are going to have the interests of companies ahead of the interests of the people when the needs of the people should be, universally, always the top priority.
Conflict of interest is allowed in very few arenas, be it business, school, any organization of any type. If that is true, why would we allow such a thing in our government, something that forcibly affects us every single day? Pete Rose was one of the greatest baseball players of all time, has more hits than any man…ever…..yet he has been banished for life from baseball for betting on games when he was the team’s manager. He wasn’t trying to lose games, he was betting on his team to win. The reason this type of gambling is not allowed is because the bettor has inside influence on a competition that is supposed to be based on competition……ITS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST! If we wouldn’t allow that type of stuff in our professional sports leagues……leagues there to entertain us, nothing more, but we allow it in our government? Congress being invested in companies they are financially helping with your tax dollars as though you and the government is their own personal investment portfolio is not only a serious conflict of interest, but it is wholly immoral and possibly criminal. This behavior is the normal thing in our Congress, this is not just a few bad apples we are talking about, and with the moral fabric and motivations of these people being so poor, what hope does our system have of not getting worse and worse? I do not see how a person could categorize this whole scenario any other way.
You see, I am often labeled as defeatist but what is defeatist about the preceding information? It is nothing but a raw and truthful look at the truth of the government we live under and it is getting worse. When I say that all the third-party supporters say “only voting them out will change things” but that is not true. Am I to believe if by some act of God massive amounts of Libertarians and other third parties won a majority of the congressional seats there would suddenly be no more corporate influence? Or corruption? Of course there would be and that is because these positions attract only the wealthy and the powerful and ultimate power always corrupts ultimately.
Until we have a system of government that truly tries to represent the people, a system that is full of people more intense about spreading good than they are about gaining wealth, none of the elections will change a single thing. They will continue to placate those among us who have no independent train of thought as long as we have our treasures and material baubles to distract the majority of what has become an apathetic, pathetic, brainwashed society. Unfortunately, those at the top cannot bleed this country forever. There will come a point where it collapses under the weight of its own debt, its own ineptitude, and when it does the United States will be a shadow of what it once was and once could have been.
Human nature has already doomed the system. What hope does a society have that cares more about movie stars than teachers? About professional athletes than firemen?
Gary Johnson, a man with a better track record of success than either of the main candidates, got 1% of the vote. One percent…..pathetic…..don’t you people see that they(the people really pulling the strings) will never let your candidates outside of the main two parties have a fair shot??
Sigh……..we just don’t get it……..