The current situation in Syria makes me want to fucking puke. My vomit though, is not be induced because of what is actually happening there but instead is being caused by the reaction we are seeing from the United States, United Kingdom and their allies. As usual, the good old USA, the land of the free, is pondering whether to cowardly act as if they have any sense of morality or justice when in truth, they do not give one flying fuck about the people killed in Syria. Proof of this is so obvious that a child could point it out in a matter of seconds.
The whole world is up in arms over a suspected chemical attack in Syria recently that is said to have claimed 1,300 lives. Now, while that many people being murdered is definitely worth our attention, as usual the United States is openly showing that it neither cares about murdered foreigners, nor does it care about freedom. What do i mean by that? let me explain…
The uprising in Syria has been going on for well over a year now and by most estimates, as many as 50,000 people have been killed. Let me repeat that….50,000 people. This is where my confusion sets in. If the United States cares about innocents being killed as much as they like to act like they do, then why haven’t we intervened up to this point? Why are we ok with 50,000 people being killed by bullets and bombs but when 1,300 die in a chemical attack, we are suddenly filled with nobility to save lives?? It is truly yet another example of American hypocrisy abroad. Our continued passion, as a nation, to control any and all aspects of the Muslim world is beyond sickening, it is actually bordering on a form of genocide towards people that live a very different life than we do. Once again we are pondering attacking a country that has not attacked us, has not attacked any of our allies, and in doing so we once again are deciding to force what we believe on a sovereign nation, whether they want us to or not.
Now please, do me a favor, and do not even dare to try and say that we are considering military action because of our morals or our concern for the dead in the Syrian conflict because if that is what you truly think you have either lost your damn mind or you believe that America should take over the world forcefully. There have been conflicts raging all over this planet for decades, conflicts that have seen ten times as many people killed and we have stood idly by, not even discussing it on a national level. Somalia is a perfect example of this. There has been civil war raging in Somalia since 1991 and during the 20 years that have passed when it started, over 500,000 people have died. During those twenty years, where were all you fucking sheep who are demanding action against Syria then?? Where is your bleeding heart for all the women and children that are dying every day in Somalia as well as numerous other long standing conflicts in Africa?
It’s not there because Americans who support the government are brainless fucking sheep who believe whatever news source is their favorite one to pound thoughts into their feeble minds every day. No one is calling for military action in Somalia or any of the other African countries where innocents die every day because they aren’t in the Middle East, plain and simple. All the current reports being done on the Syria issue are painting Russia and China as “heartless” for not caring about the deaths in Syria or supporting action against them, but in truth, those two countries are showing far more honesty about how they feel about it that the United States is.
Now, I am not saying what is happening in Syria is good or is right. In truth it sounds horrific, but how can the United States expect to get worldwide support for anything anymore? We have proven to the rest of the world a loooong time ago that we are amongst the most slimy, integrity-lacking, lowlifes on the planet and we will lie, cheat and steal with no shame to advance our hypocritical agenda. Our concern over what is happening in Syria has NOTHING to do with the people dying and has everything to do with out constant fiending for power. We want to control Syria because we want to control Iran. We want to control Iran for the oil there, for the opium there and so we can feel as if we are the most powerful nation on the planet. We want control of that area so we can have every advantage we can get over Russia and over China, despite the fact that our greed for money is what is currently fueling China’s growth.
Now, you can read this post and think I hate America, think I hate freedom and think I don’t care about innocent death but if that is what you get from this post then you were already to far gone into a state of brainwashed stupor for me to ever show you anything anyways. A country that dishonestly uses everything they can to advance secret agendas so they can conquer the world is the lowest form of scum on this planet, and the United States stands at the head of that line without a doubt. I truly hope people see the hypocrisy going on right now and refuse to stand by it, that would really make me happy, but unfortunately, most people are too busy watching Miley Cyrus shake her as on MTV to care…….humanity should be ashamed of themselves…
Think about these facts, then think about humanity, then think about how we all get together for the holidays and give thanks for all we have. We give thanks for all we have and then act like this…….
- We settle our disputes through mass killing competitions. The first one to give up after having the most people killed loses
- Throwing a ball through a hoop well will earn you a better financial life than teaching children
- Our planet is made almost entirely of water, yet thousands drink dirt every day.
- Some countries are full of obese people, gorging themselves on fatty, overindulgent foods while millions of children starve every day
- As a race of people, we fight to the death for the right to constantly consume things we know will make us ill, then fight with each other over the costs of healing ourselves.
- All around the globe we have people who literally hate other people based on the pigment of our skin.
- We kill each other over various beliefs in all-powerful beings there has never been any proof of existing.
- We value a person’s exterior beauty much more than the measure of what kind of person they are on the inside.
- We have sets of rules that, if not followed, cause some humans to lock others in cages for the entirety of their natural lives.
- We use procreation for pleasure as often as we do for procreation and if another life is produced, we fight to the death for the right to exterminate it
- The biggest and most consistent liars and thieves in each country are often appointed to the most important positions of leadership
- Humans imprison other living things to experiment on with items used for nothing more than enhancing our appearances on a cosmetic level
- Mass amounts of the public will believe anything if they hear it enough times on electronic boxes in all our homes
- Communications between members of the public are regularly monitored by agencies full of people who are never elected
- Our science allows for human beings to be grown in a lab as opposed to being born
- Little by little, humans the world over are adding more and more man-made technology to the human body
- We spend trillions of dollars, during a time when people are unemployed, hungry and jobless, to explore planets we have distant hope of reaching when we have yet to even fully explore our own oceans
- Governments secretly pump chemicals into our air, our water and our food with the intention of making citizens more docile and submissive
- We protect the right to be verbally abusive to other human beings because our right to say such things is more important to us than the pain those very words cause others
- Depending on where you live, we teach our children different versions of what actually happened in history
- We have no respect for nature
- We have no respect for each other
- Penalties for violating laws have lesser penalties for those who are either wealthy or famous
- We compensate those who act out fictional stories more than we compensate those who run into burning buildings to save our children from certain death
- Our entire transportation system and system of moving supplies, food etc about revolves around the use of inefficient, expensive machines that constantly pollute the air we breathe
- We have people the world over who are willing to literally kill themselves as long as the action that kills them also kills their enemies
- Every day that goes by we are creating more and more technology not to make our lives easier but instead to completely replace our actions, often actions that have been part of our behavior for hundreds of years
- Every day that goes by, humans are becoming less and less mobile and social, we exist in a world that is half reality and half cyberspace
- The government agencies that are responsible for collecting taxes, and using whatever methods they deem necessary to collect said taxes, are not made of elected officials that we have given our trust to
- There is a rash of musicians, that are children themselves, spreading a brand of music subtlety promoting sex and materialism. This is causing children to act, behave, and be involved in things far too “adult” for them
This may seem like a list of complaints but before you decide that consider the full and total impact of the things I have brought to your attention. Every one of these points is both true and dangerous when discussing our race. These things are not problems that just appeared yesterday. Instead, they are long-standing growing problems that, in time, are going to have more and more of a negative impact on the daily lives of all of us. No matter how isolated this group or that group may be, the Earth is not getting any bigger. Every day that passes, the things I mentioned above are getting closer to you. Closer as the population grows and we are all shoved closer and closer together. We can only build up for so long.
So what solutions are there? How do we get back on track? I wish I had an answer for you but I do not. It seems the very fabric of the human race, the fabric of our nature, has become corrupted. It is almost as if a black cloud hangs over us all, magnifying and encouraging the worst aspects of the human mind. We are truly lost as a race.
I often come across with a lot of negative vibe when discussing world affairs or philosophical points. To be fair though, I do feel I try to offer solutions, even if they seem unlikely to ever be used. Here are ten things I think would drastically improve the direction of the United States in a way that would benefit everyone except for those that are doing more harm than good.
It is time for the people to put a few demands on the table for the well-being of all of us. It is time for us to quit following the patterns of behavior we have developed just because “it has always been that way”. I mean, how fucking stupid does a person have to be to sit there and say “I know this doesn’t work but we’ve always done it that way so we shouldn’t change.”
1. Make it illegal for members of Congress to own stocks of any kind.- So right off the bat I have extreme solution number one. Do not give me the song and dance about how they have the right to invest. These men and women are taking oaths to represent the people, then turn on them for financial gain at the expense of the very people who elected them. If you want to be wealthy as far as stocks go, if you want a massive portfolio of investments, go ahead…….but do it outside of Congress. The members of Congress, as well as the presidential choices we’ve had, have become so poor that we have forgotten that they work for us. They are more than compensated with six figure salaries and all their expenses and accommodations(which are usually fairly luxurious). The point is this…..it is time we forcibly restore honor to the position of representation. We do this by making the job of a politician more one of esteem for good deeds than as a conduit to massive wealth. Again, if you want to be super rich, have a massive investment portfolio, go right ahead. But for the good of all of us, you can’t do BOTH that and win a Senate seat. If you want to represent your fellow citizens, help improve your country, make the country’s future and the way it will affect your children a positive thing, then we will happily pay you well over $100,000 dollars along with great insurance, all work expenses paid and a great pension. You just can’t own any stock. This first change alone would have a drastic effect on the general level of accomplishment from our always bickering current Congress because we would have people in it for the nobility of it. Yes, the money would drive some of them still, a six figure salary is a lot of money over a lifetime, but when the decisions they make as far as government contracts, as far as regulation, as far as any kind of federal favoritism, there will be no conflict of interest clouding their decisions. Does that mean all their decisions will be great? Of course not but at least there will not be an obvious financial motivation.
2. Significantly reduce the size of the United States military.- Calm Down! Sorry, that was for all the people who barely read that sentence and assumed I want either the downfall of the United States or for us to get invaded. Get real. The size of our military would be beyond massive even if you cut it in half. Tens of thousands of fighter jets, bombers, transports, tanks, transport trucks and tanks, all manner of land air and sea vehicles. Over 4,000 nuclear bombs…..4,000……..and enough aircraft carriers to conquer the world. Two dozen satellites…most countries have maybe a few at most, none that equal the technological advances of ours. Some people would tell you we need all these things to remain “safe” in the modern world. I would tell you those people are morons. We have so overbuilt our military that it almost seems like we almost have to be at war all the time to avoid having tens of thousands of pieces of equipment just gathering dust. Why? Why do we need a military large enough to easily defeat a force that does not exist? You want to keep a strong military that is fine but 700 billion dollars per year?? Wasteful, unnecessary and money spent on killing that could be instead spent on caring.
3. Start Taking The Integrity Of The Media Seriously.- There is no truth coming from our media sources. Like the corporations getting an unfair advantage, our media sources are owned by the people they do the vast majority of their reporting on. Being a journalist should be a position that is revered for its honesty, its lack of bias. Having a literal army of former party members still financially connected to the parties they are reporting on should be highly irregular, if not illegal. These people, the media sources, have a responsibility to the public to report facts yet the people doing the commentary, all former politicians, do exactly the opposite as they spin every story they can to their parties advantage as if they were still elected officials. This conflict of interest, along with many others, needs to be forcibly stopped by the people. It is time for us to put our feet down and use the power in numbers we have to DEMAND things like this change.
4. Get Religion Out Of The Government- Look, let’s be honest, religion is becoming a less and less serious part of the American way and that is only a problem if you believe the government should enforce religious views. Not everyone believes in God and even if they say they do, they often have different levels of commitment and styles of interpretation of scripture. While religion is an important part of many people’s lives, it is not a proven fact, a unified belief and therefore has no place in the operation of our government. The one thing about religion that no sane person can argue is that everything about it is about belief and with that being true, we cannot write laws to govern such things.Our government is not the Church, they are not there to enforce scripture on the people, many of who do not believe in said scripture. Abortion, Gay Marriage, prayer in school, none of these are issues that are to be solved through laws and government. Instead, it is up to each person to make their own decision and up to the rest of the people to stay out of their lives. It is also up to society to provide environments where a person’s personal beliefs are neither forced or restricted as long as they aren’t harming anyone else. Don’t like what you neighbor thinks about God? Then shutup and don’t worry about it because if you truly believe in what you say you do, it is up to your God to decide their fates.
5.Adjust the priorities of what we are spending tax dollars on- It is truly amazing what we spend our money on as far as taxes and government go in this country. To advance as a nation and as a people, we need to start putting the correct emphasis on what we use our tax dollars for. Spend money on education instead of war. Spend money on infrastructure instead of secret experimentation. We have enough defense to stop an invasion force larger than any on this planet so instead of continuing to build as if we are invaded on a daily basis, instead spend that money on the physical and mental well-being of the people. Recognize logic and instead of being afraid of offending this group or that one, do what common sense dictates. As far as social services go, make sure the money being given out is being used for what it is supposed to. If you are on welfare, unemployment, or any other kind of government entitlement then you are receiving enough help to be open to being drug tested to ensure that the money the rest of the taxpayers are giving you is not being spent so you can get high.
6. Make the intelligence and other agencies in our government more transparent and therefore more accountable.- Agencies like the CIA are out of control. There is no reason that these agencies need either the bloated budgets they have or the leeway to just operate as they see fit. The CIA has been spending your tax dollars on assassinating people, drugging American citizens, financing private wars with dictators that we later hunt down and kill, interfering with and influencing sovereign governments, trafficking drugs, trafficking weapons and any additional number of highly illegal activities. They are breaking the law on a regular basis and the scariest part of it is the acceptance of their behavior by our citizens. It is almost an accepted fact that the CIA had some level of involvement in assassinating JFK, trafficking weapons and drugs to the Mexican drug cartels and any number of horrific actions that would be considered “terrorism” if another agency outside this country did them. If that is the case then why isn’t it terrorism when the CIA does it?
7. Close military bases protecting other countries until we have a balanced budget.- I have no problem with us helping other countries but until we have our own backyard in order, why should our money be protecting others while we struggle? We have built this country fighting our own battles and instead of losing American lives and American tax dollars protecting the borders of other countries, we should instead have those troops and those dollars doing things that will contribute positively to our economy and our own borders…..borders that have illegal immigrants pouring through them along with countless illegal drugs for years(some of them by the CIA, see #6).
8. Put crushing penalties on corporations and companies that send jobs out of the country.- Our jobs need to stay here. You want your company to make money in other countries? Then move there. The days of companies raking in huge profits off our people while paying people in other countries to produce what they are selling needs to end. Our country exists at a higher level than most and if we want to keep it that way, the jobs need to stay here. American products need to be produced by American people if we are going to regain the manufacturing prowess this country used to have. You want to employ Chinese people who you can pay half as much? THEN MOVE TO CHINA AND TAKE YOU COMPANY WITH YOU. Trust me, Americans will find a way to fill the void you leave with American made products by American employees being sold for American prices in the American economy.
9. Make acts of government corruption a one-strike, life imprisonment offense.- It is not possible to “accidentally” rip off the American people and as the citizens, and the OWNERS of this country, we need to demand the highest level of integrity from our leaders. You don’t think that penalty is fair? Then do not run for office because when you do and then you rip the people off, we all suffer so much, so many people are affected that there is no way you should not spend the rest of your life behind bars. There is no argument against this that holds any water and to argue against harsher penalties is to try to make an excuse for people to be doing things they KNOW are wrong. In the old, old days there was a thing called an angry mob and people feared them. Today, the leadership has done everything they can to legislate corruption right into the system and also allow chance after chance for these guys to commit crimes right out in the open and get only a slap on the wrist while regular citizens spend decades in jail for far lesser crimes.
10.SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT HOSTESS!!!WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT TWINKIES!!!- Sorry I had to put one fun one in there…..:)
So the election is over and we know who our president will be until the year 2016. To me, this election showed us a few different things…
- The people no longer care- There are over 211 million eligible people to vote in this country and like myself, many of them did not. All told, about 105 million of those eligible voted. Now before you attack those who did not vote, consider a few of their opinions. First off, many of them, such as myself, truly believes as sure as I believe I am writing this post that our votes no longer count. I, and many like me, see a system that holds elections that are no longer free. Corporate influence and overall wealth have so integrated themselves into the system that thinking your vote is going to change anything is an exercise in ignoring reality. The two controlling parties, as they usually do, flexed their muscle in writing rules to prevent other parties from playing on an equal playing field, effectively stopping them from running with any chance of victory. The deck has become so stacked against outside parties that it is laughable. For example, Gary Johnson, this year’s Libertarian candidate received a meager 1 million votes of the 105 million cast and he and his supporters are excited about it!! That is how bad it has gotten, that third parties rejoice when they receive less than 1% of the total vote. If that is not an example of accepted servitude i do not know what is.
- The people already knew Obama was going to win- The usual media circus that explodes every election cycle is nothing more than another form of control. These sources of information are controlled by the very groups of people running for the offices so of course they are going to put little to no effort into making sure all the candidates get exposure. On top of that, the regular election cycle also produces what the top elite have deemed an “appropriate candidate” for the current times and they it may sway from one side(GW Bush) to the other(Obama) every so many years, in essence you have no real choice at all. I mean cmon…….why do you think Obama destroyed McCain and Romney? Because he is a better politician? Of course not, instead it is because he was the more attractive candidate between two that were essentially the same. McCain and Romney are both basically white versions of Obama, plain and simple. Obama though, as a liberal and as a Democrat and also as an African-American, has the most tools of influence to maintain the status quo and when his terms run out, the two parties will find another person to placate the masses. Maybe a woman next time. I say these things that may seem politically incorrect because this how stupid the people in this country have become when it comes to allowing themselves to become influenced by emotion. Seriously, think about it……most of the people in this country are willing to accept the fact that our drone strikes are killing children because “it’s for America” so therefore, morality goes out the window. The same has happened to our election process.
- The country is well on its way to collapse Again, this may sound dramatic but think of all the problems we have had over the last 4-6 years. Now consider the fact that the very same guy who has been in charge during it is in charge for another four years. Now further consider that the Congress, most of them having been the people making the decisions for at least the last 8 years or so, are the people who will now work with the guy who hasn’t done anything to do something…..whew…..starting to see the problem here? Our country is only continuing to grow and as it does, our debt is growing as well. On top of that, as the system falls further and further behind because of our overspending we, at the same time, are seeing more and more people becoming dependent on the government each day. With all that being true, how long will it be before something has to give and the system starts to truly collapse under the weight of its own incompetence? We are militarily spread all over the world. We have agencies, such as the CIA, committing crimes as part of their daily business routine. All the banks own all the land and all the members of the government are heavily invested in the banks. When the bank act unethically and endanger their profits, they simply take tax dollars that are supposed to go to things we need and just give it to the banks until they make more money acting unethically. Other superpowers, such as China, not only own most of our debt but are rapidly catching up with us in a military sense. Along with Russia, China has stonewalled the United States in some military issues such as Syria, and the days when the United States spoke and the world followed are quickly disappearing. We keep trying to police the weapons, behavior and capabilities of other sovereign nations and what we have done is turned ourselves from freedom fighters there for the people to murderers, willing to start wars and kill people over financial issues such as oil. All this added together really paints a bleak picture of the world we are leaving for our children. Will there even be a United States as we know it in 50 years? Once an unthinkable question, there is now a lot of merit to debate what another 35 years or so of the current policies, debt, government/corporate unity and general irresponsibility is going to do to us.
These are my points, my views, but I try to look at these issues as realistically as I can. I hope you’ll do the same.
I haven’t posted in a while but wanted to explain why I fully and truly believe that casting a vote in tomorrow’s election is not only pointless, but is also a step towards continuing your servitude to a system that is broken, not working, and making everything worse for the average American. I have heard all the reasons to vote and I know this opinion is the minority one, but I hope you will take the time to read this post with an open mind and realize that I am not trying to convince you based on my opinion. Instead I will show you a mountain of evidence that shows, even to the most patriotic American, that not only is our system completely broken, but also doomed to continue to be that way as long as the current path of repair remains the same. Please feel free to comment if you think the facts I provide are not legitimate.
- The dominance in numbers of the two controlling parties will make it nearly impossible for additional parties to ever gain a significant number of representatives any time in the next half century. Using the 2011-2012 numbers, in the United States Senate had 51 Democrats, 47 Republicans and 2 independents. So in over 200 hundred years, and especially the last 20 which has seen an up-rise in the number of third parties seeking election, all of 2 independents have managed to grab Senate seats. They are window dressing, pure and simple. The same thing goes for the House of Representatives where we see 240 Republicans, 197 Democrats and 4 vacant seats. Again, virtually no independent representation. My point is this; at the rate that parties outside the main two are gaining offices, it will literally take hundreds of years to see any of the parties other than the main two have any kind of leverage in our government. The parties in power have written rule after rule to ensure that while small offices may fall to the independents, they are the only offices that will fall. In a twist of pure genius, these few offices, having little chance to force any change, have the effect of placating the voters into thinking they are getting a choice when in fact, the deck is so stacked against them that the only thing they are truly getting is the illusion of their vote counting. I mean, what chance do they have? Their candidates are shut out of national debate by rules written by the very people they are trying to defeat.They have to fight tooth and nail in the court system to even have their candidate as a choice you are allowed to make. I mean, in a truly free election, shouldn’t every candidate be an option for your vote?
- The corporate influence is so strong, and so connected to the current leadership that writes all the election rules, that they have an obvious level of control over who wins. Where to even begin on this one…..let me give you an example…..here is a list of the ten companies that are most heavily invested in by the members of Congress.
- Exxon Mobil- Crushing the country with higher and higher fuel prices and making trillions in doing so. Why would the people in office invested in this company want to do anything to lower their profits or their prices? If they did, the elected official stands to lose money on his or her investment so how is this conflict of interest allowed??
- AT&T- Telecommunications. Invested in by the government officials and therefore controlled by them. Again, if those who vote on decisions to allow a telecommunications company to do this or that are the telecommunications companies shareholders well then of course those shareholders are going to be as lenient and cooperative as they possibly can, even if it violates your civil liberties.
- Wells Fargo-Received bailout money because they were deemed “too big to fail”. Well if the shareholders are members of Congress, and Congress decides whether to give them your money so that those same members of Congress don’t lose money on their stocks, how is that not a huge conflict of interest? In the case of the bailouts, what basically happened was a bunch of stockholders(members of Congress) saw that the companies they have millions of dollars invested in were about to fail, so they then use the law, written by people in their position, to force you to contribute tax dollars, whether you like it or not(you don’t pay, you go to jail under the laws written by previous men in their position) to save the companies and therefore ensure the success of their financial investments. You have become a legally bound financial backer to members of Congress!
- Intel- Massive tech company that has countless government contracts. Those contracts are often approved by committees full of members of Congress who own stock in Intel! So, like AT%T, elected members of Congress slowly integrate these tech and communication into the government through all sorts of military and civilians contracts….contracts they decide on…..and of course they are going to give them to the companies that they own stock in.
- Pfizer- Pharmaceutical company. During a time when healthcare is a huge issue, do you really think the people who own Pfizer stock(many members of Congress) are going to do all they can to lower drug costs when doing so would lower the overall value of their investments in the very same company?
- Cisco-Same situation as Intel, AT&T, and Microsoft. All connected to our military and the operation of our government and when there are contracts, whether they are civilian or military, the members of the government who own these companies stocks are always going to do what makes them more money on their investments. Cisco is also largely intertwined with the news networks as well……news networks that have taken sides and whose rosters are filled with countless former officials still using propaganda to fight for their party of choice.
- Microsoft-I am sick of repeating myself. Look at Intel, Pfizer and Cisco.
- Bank of America-Another bank that made millions and millions acting horribly irresponsibly and when their incompetence looked like it might crush to company, its stockholders(members of Congress) voted to take your money to bail them out, therefore ensuring once again that their stocks value was acceptable to them.
- Procter&Gamble-See my above comments on Pfizer……basically the same situation.
- General Electric- Massive technological company. Integrated into communication, electronics, transportation and a variety of other areas giving the members of our government investment in basically every area of the infrastructure of the country.
Now you need to understand, I realize it may seem as if I am saying the members of Congress should not have the right to invest in companies but I am not. I am only pointing out the fact that a system that allows the situation I just explained to develop is one that is doomed to always benefit the few over the many. Additionally, it almost guarantees that the representatives elected by the people are going to have the interests of companies ahead of the interests of the people when the needs of the people should be, universally, always the top priority.
Conflict of interest is allowed in very few arenas, be it business, school, any organization of any type. If that is true, why would we allow such a thing in our government, something that forcibly affects us every single day? Pete Rose was one of the greatest baseball players of all time, has more hits than any man…ever…..yet he has been banished for life from baseball for betting on games when he was the team’s manager. He wasn’t trying to lose games, he was betting on his team to win. The reason this type of gambling is not allowed is because the bettor has inside influence on a competition that is supposed to be based on competition……ITS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST! If we wouldn’t allow that type of stuff in our professional sports leagues……leagues there to entertain us, nothing more, but we allow it in our government? Congress being invested in companies they are financially helping with your tax dollars as though you and the government is their own personal investment portfolio is not only a serious conflict of interest, but it is wholly immoral and possibly criminal. This behavior is the normal thing in our Congress, this is not just a few bad apples we are talking about, and with the moral fabric and motivations of these people being so poor, what hope does our system have of not getting worse and worse? I do not see how a person could categorize this whole scenario any other way.
You see, I am often labeled as defeatist but what is defeatist about the preceding information? It is nothing but a raw and truthful look at the truth of the government we live under and it is getting worse. When I say that all the third-party supporters say “only voting them out will change things” but that is not true. Am I to believe if by some act of God massive amounts of Libertarians and other third parties won a majority of the congressional seats there would suddenly be no more corporate influence? Or corruption? Of course there would be and that is because these positions attract only the wealthy and the powerful and ultimate power always corrupts ultimately.
Until we have a system of government that truly tries to represent the people, a system that is full of people more intense about spreading good than they are about gaining wealth, none of the elections will change a single thing. They will continue to placate those among us who have no independent train of thought as long as we have our treasures and material baubles to distract the majority of what has become an apathetic, pathetic, brainwashed society. Unfortunately, those at the top cannot bleed this country forever. There will come a point where it collapses under the weight of its own debt, its own ineptitude, and when it does the United States will be a shadow of what it once was and once could have been.
Human nature has already doomed the system. What hope does a society have that cares more about movie stars than teachers? About professional athletes than firemen?
Gary Johnson, a man with a better track record of success than either of the main candidates, got 1% of the vote. One percent…..pathetic…..don’t you people see that they(the people really pulling the strings) will never let your candidates outside of the main two parties have a fair shot??
Sigh……..we just don’t get it……..
Any system, be it a mechanical one, a mathematical one or whatever, if that system is broken then it is impossible to use the very system to fix itself. This is the problem that so many Americans have allowed themselves to be distracted from when considering the current state of our country. We have a broken system of government and all the citizens are arguing about which version of that broken system would be best used to fix the broken system. It is truly an exercise in lunacy if you look at it as it truly is.
Think about it like this. The Republicans and the Democrats have been running this country for countless decades, both of them. Back and forth they have switched control of the top office as well as Congress, but it an indisputable fact that they have been in control for well over a half century. Now knowing that the previous statement is one of absolute truth, the kind of truth that is as obvious as stating that water is wet, why would anyone think that the best people to solve the massive problems facing this country would be the Republicans and the Democrats?? They have been in control for decades and their policies and their solutions have led to these problems so why would they suddenly start working now???
To believe that these people and their beliefs, their solutions, their ideas, would cause problem after problem after problem after problem for decade after decade after decade after decade and then suddenly start working is unbelievably ludicrous!!!!!!!!! I have no better way to put it, no deeper way to enlighten any of you, that is just how it is.
Election after election after election, the people who made these problems, using their principles, keep convincing the general public that the principles that made all these problems and issues, will suddenly do something they have NEVER done before, that is fix the problems. There is no argument that can be made in defense of our current cycle of insanity, it is just so obviously true.
I will go on more about this but why bother? No amount of explanation can make my previous statements any more obvious, and if your argument against this position is saying the left or the right can solve the issues we have, then you need to take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror. When you support either party, you are supporting ALL the failed policies, ALL the terrible decisions.
The two-party system that has taken over politics in this country is one where the followers of the two major parties basically ignore the fact that whichever party they support, they have been at LEAST half of the problem. The Democrats are one and the Republicans are the other. No matter which way you place the blame, they BOTH have some, and together they have been 100% of the problem in the continued downturn of this country FOR DECADES NOW. The party’s members are virtually all wealthy, all heavily invested in the biggest banks, corporations and insurance companies in the world. The party members, regardless of whether it is the Democrats or Republicans, truly have more of a vested interest in the corporations they are invested in than they do in HELPING YOU, THE VERY PEOPLE THEY REPRESENT. The problems that plague our society remain many of the same ones that are always a problem; healthcare, education, immigration, corporate corruption, abortion, the economy, all of these are the same problems that have been there for decades.
I mean, not one permanent solution? Not one? In what, like 30 years? If we cannot find permanent solutions to even one of the many major issue such as the economy, immigration, social security, Medicare and Medicaid, taxes, foreign policy……things that affect each of us in our daily lives, then is it fair to say that the model of society we have chosen in this country may be failing? Has it begun to become nothing more that a constant back and forth argument that is perpetual in its cycle?
I guess in the end, what I am saying is that there are mass amounts of facts that support the argument that our form of capitalism and representative government is a failure. This has nothing to do with freedom or liberty, other than the fact that the leaders of this country have taken some of yours. It has to do with a system we created proving time and time again that it does not work, plain and simple. Even worse, as it continues to decline, the people you have put in control are getting richer as the lower and middle class struggle. It is so obviously apparent, so illogical in the way the people who are struggling are the ones choosing those that make them struggle, that the only logical reason the struggling people would continue to support these two groups is either mass mental illness, or they are completely and utterly under the control of the most powerful individuals whether they realize it or not. Look in a mirror and tell me which one you are…..
Being set in one’s ways is not always the way to go. I understand tradition, holding onto things in our lives that have meaning, but at what point do the behaviors of the past become so obsolete and outdated that they become burdens on a society that holds onto them despite the negative effect they have? I believe this is what is happening in many ways to the modern-day version of the human race. We marvel at our own creations, our belief systems, our ways of life but how well are these things actually working? Yes, our technology has advanced to previously unheard of levels but our wisdom seems to be regressing and in a society, that is a recipe for disaster.
Consider this; Human beings have evolved, not in the physical sense but more in a behavioral one, since the times of hundreds of years ago. If this is true, and it is, then why should that evolution not continue? It is clear that we have not reached the peak of the mountain for if we had, the problems that plague us would be minimal as opposed to constant, and growing, as they are now. For example, in 1692, only 320 years ago(not that long when you consider how long humans have been around) right here in the United States, 19 people we executed for being witches…..witches for God’s sakes! Only 150 years ago, it was acceptable to own an African-American person!! Can you even imagine that, having a person in your house who you could chain to the wall if you wished to?
Now the difference between those times and today’s world shows how a once universally accepted practice, a practice that if you had questioned it during it’s time you would be laughed at, can completely change as society and people evolve their beliefs about existence. This is what I believe needs to happen right now if mankind is to make any forward progress from here on out, not technologically but instead behavior.
So, in the spirit of that line of thinking, I am going to propose a few changes we should embrace as a society. Like a person who spoke of freedom for African-Americans hundreds of years before it actually happened, I believe some of my suggestions will be laughed at and criticized but I also believe if these writings are still floating around 100 years from now, I will be vindicated in my thinking.
1.The lying aspect of freedom of speech and the propaganda it produces—We live in a free society that allows anyone to speak as they wish without constraints on what they say. Though it may seem unimaginable to those who react before they deeply think, there are some aspects of this belief that need to change. For example, I believe that if you are a politician, elected by the people, there should be a legal penalty for knowingly lying, misleading, characterizing the words of another elected official in a way meant to mislead, or using publicly spoken words to mislead the public. Now, before I lose half my readers and get called a fascist, communist or whatever other “oppressive” label a person might think of, let me explain.Free speech is a great thing, but how illogical and completely against reason is it to protect a person’s right to use those words as a weapon of sorts? Politicians have a civic and ethical responsibility to represent their voters and also to be truthful and transparent about what they are doing with OUR tax dollars and also what they are doing with OUR government. To protect their right to lie, mislead and deceive the public is so foolish, so illogical, that it stuns me every day that I see it. If you lie to your boss, no matter what your profession, he can easily fire you for doing so. Well WE are the politicians bosses, why can’t we do the same??
I do not mean a recall, or even not re-electing them. Instead, if we catch one of these guys lying publicly, deceiving the general public, we should have the legal right to immediately terminate their service. How stupid is it to protect a politicians right to lie to you? You pay them, they work for you, but you have no power over them? Do not tell me that if this happens we should just not re-elect them, that is foolish beyond belief. We catch them lying and deceiving the public, so we let them know they can do it for another year and a half before there is a penalty?? STUPID!!! The penalty must be harsh and immediate, sending a message that them doing such a thing is as unacceptable as rape, murder and a number of other crimes. Their position IS that important and we need to start treating it as such and forcing these guys and gals to realize their position is sacred.
2.Spending Tax Dollars We Do Not Have— Why is it acceptable for government to continue to be behind on their bills with no loss of service? If you do not pay your cable bill or your electric bill, do those companies continue to provide you with their service?? Of course not, so why can our leaders do it with no penalty? I think from this point forward we should immediately shut down any aspect of the government that is in the red. Would it cause chaos? Of course it would but this is just the type of message this country needs to shock the people out of their apathy….let society go wild for a few days and when people start struggling with the loss of social and other services they’ll get angry and that anger will need a focal point. When it does, that anger will be squarely focused on the politicians who AREN’T DOING THEIR JOBS!!! Again, people need to realize that things have gotten so bad as far as people just accepting things that CAN be changed that the time for simple and weak-minded solutions are long gone. The time for real change is here but this system is so apathetic, so controlled and run by the very people who are screwing it up that drastic measures are needed. Trust me, when hundreds of thousands of government workers, Medicare and Social Security recipients, and over a million members of the Armed forces all stop getting paid, there will be a harsh demand for action. When everyone on welfare and unemployment just stop getting their money, the rage will flow and it will be a tool to change the country. The bottom line is that we are so in debt that to pay the previously mentioned benefits, we are spending money we do not have and just like a regular citizen whose checking account has a negative balance, the governments checks should not be any good anymore. It would be a tough few months, maybe even a tough few years, but in the end it is the only thing that accepts the reality and holds EVERYONE accountable instead of the people being held accountable while the politicians spend imaginary money and live in a fucking dream world where they can lie, commit insider trading and get wealthy at the expense of the rest of us.
3. Let The World Chips Fall Where They May— This going to sound harsh but again, severe problems call for severe solutions. The United States military is posted in so many countries, using its strength to stop so many conflicts, it is staggering. So what, are we going to stay in these countries forever? We do not want other countries slowing, stopping, or interfering in what we do, so why do we accept our leaders forcing us to pay for doing it to others? I propose that if we are not actively defending ourselves in a part of the world then our military should not be there. North and South Korea? To me that sounds like North and South Korea’s problem, not ours. Our country is falling apart for God’s sakes and we are spending trillions solving everyone else’s problems?? Ridiculous, plain and simple. If North and South Korea cannot solve their differences peacefully, then let them fight it out, it is their dispute not ours yet we are willing to see our people and our country struggle so a bunch of South Koreans don’t have to fight their own battle?? Sorry folks, but until we have everything taken care of on the home-front, we need to focus on America. We have more than enough defense to keep ourselves safe and when we have everything here going well for us and our citizens, then we can be the world’s Mother Teresa but until then, it is time for us to BUTT-OUT!
Is it really that difficult? Seriously, how many more decades are the people of this country going to have to wait before we can start counting on our leadership to put our well-being before their quest for wealth and power? You know, the funniest part of that point is that as a citizen, I would not even care if the “elite” were unbelievably rich and powerful if they attained that wealth and power while actually solving our problems!
I am going to take a moment and pretend I have won the presidency and that all of Congress was united with me in their goal to fix our country’s issues. Most of the answers seem pretty obvious to me, so let us examine a few possible solutions….and keep in mind, I am just coming up with these right now as I sat down to write this post, these solutions are so obvious in almost every situation that it is fair to assume that our leaders just really do not want to solve them, the answers to these problems are so freaking obvious!!! If you read this post, I hope you will take a moment to comment as I would like to hear what people think of each issue’s solution and also what they think we be a good way to resolve these issues.
One more note. I do realize the biggest thing working against these problems being solved is the refusal of the main two political parties to ever compromise but it is up to us to remind them who the boss is in this country, that being the citizens. We have the power of 300,000,000 of us, why are we letting a few thousand morons force stupidity upon us?
Also, when reading this post, I hope you realize that while some of my solutions sound harsh, the fact is they need to be. That is the problem with this country nowadays; we look past obvious solutions because they may “hurt someone’s feelings”. The problems we have are ever-growing and unless we have the strength to make the hard decisions we need to, these very same issues will plague us for generations to come.
Abortion- Ok, a few key points here. First off, tax dollars cannot be used for abortions, plain and simple. Abortion is not universally accepted throughout the country and because of that fact, we cannot use the nation’s tax dollars to fund it or programs directly related to it. Secondly, while it is quite obvious that many people have a religious objection to the whole concept of abortion this country has a separation of church and state so if we are going to find a solution that works for everyone, religion must be left out of it.
This issue is a perfect example of both personal liberty but also public responsibility. Yes, a person should have the final say over what is done to their bodies and the government should have as little control over each of our bodies, that is without question. At the same time, the whole concept of abortion is one of giving people an excuse not to take responsibility for their sexual actions. Yes, there are cases of rape, incest, or a birth threatening a mother’s life and in those very sad cases, abortion can be a necessary evil, but these cases do not comprise the majority of performed abortions. Instead, people who did not or do not want a child have irresponsibly participated in a physical act that they KNOW can and will produce a child. There are measures of birth control out there, this much is true, and there are times that they will fail to protect against a pregnancy, but the bottom line is that if you are engaging in sexual intercourse than you immediately become responsible for the child that can be produced. Don’t like it? Don’t want the risk? Then control yourself and do not participate in an action that you know the result of. If you are of the thought that “I can have sex if I want to!”, you’re right, you, can but if you choose to then TAKE THE GODDAMN RESPONSIBILITY THAT COMES ALONG WITH YOUR ORGASM!
So what is a fair solution? Allowing each state to make their choice would seem like the logical choice. If you live in a state that doesn’t allow you to do what you want, you have the freedom to move to a state that does. If you are against what one state does, while you do have the right to move, you DO NOT have the right to try to use the federal government to force people you don’t even know to live like YOU think they should. To do so is a classic example of an oppressive, fascist view. It is really just that simple. If you think “God” is going to be angered by other people’s choices, remember that the same scripture you quote to justify that belief states that wrath is God’s, not yours, to dispense.
Immigration- This country was built on immigration, there is no other argument. For decades, people from all parts of this planet have been flowing into the United States, wanting an opportunity for a life not available to them in other countries. Sadly, despite immigration being the foundation that this country’s population was built on, in today’s world it has become so vilified that it is bordering on racism. Now obviously, people who immigrate to this country should be held to the responsibility of attaining citizenship. At the same time though, the government, and their complete incompetence, is the main reason this situation has gone from what should have been an easy fix, to a nationwide nightmare. You see, our leaders for so long looked the other way on all the illegals here and in doing so, they sent the message that they were not going enforce the law. Once that message was sent out and then combined with what is a ridiculously difficult, time-consuming and overly complex process of applying for citizenship, it produced an environment where there is little motivation or urgency for an illegal to work to change his or her status. Additionally, the capitalist driven need for wealth has made it so legitimate businessmen, men who commit no crimes in any other aspect of their lives, are happy to employ the illegals because they can pay them less under the table and therefore increase their own personal profits. After considering all this, it is easy to say that all sides are at fault in this issue. The immigrants for sneaking into a country that isn’t theirs and not following the law of the land, the government for encouraging apathy towards the law by looking the other way, and the citizens for not having a problem with it because they make money off the illegal labor. It is a total failure by everyone involved, both morally and ethically
So what is the best solution? Obviously, we cannot just kick 12 million or more people out of the country, that just is never going to happen, so that is out. Additionally, the more I think about it the more I realize that we should not penalize the children of illegals that were born here. That would be a case of penalizing the wrong people. Personally, I have come to realize that the solution is fairly simple. First off, allow those who can prove they have been here and working, paying taxes, etc. to gain citizenship in some sort of expedited system, one that allows the time they have spent here contributing to the country to mean something, as it should. Secondly, announce a period of time, a “grace period” of sorts for the previously mentioned illegals as well as any of the other ones, to apply for citizenship, either through the “fast track” process for those contributing to America, or a more standard one for those that have been taking advantage of their illegal status. Third, once the grace period has ended, every illegal alien that police come across must be arrested and deported. This may seem harsh but what is the point of the law if it is never enforced? If national notice is given that any non-citizen residents have one year to at least get the process started then if someone chose not to and was arrested and deported as a result, they would have no one to blame but themselves and as adults, we have to be accountable to the consequences of our actions. Why would we expect people to follow a law that no one is ever busted for? If you went and robbed a bank, told a cop and he said “whatever, that’s fine”, what would be your motivation to not rob another one?
I believe the previously described steps would have numerous effects. First off, it would give the immigrants who work hard, pay taxes, and contribute to the well-being of the country a great opportunity to put any citizenship or legal issues behind them once and for all. Second, any illegal that did not register or apply to start their citizenship within the “grace period” would have no excuse or reason to complain if they were arrested and/or deported, because after being nationally notified and given a reasonable amount of time to do so, if they still choose to not follow the law then like all of us, there has to be a consequence. Without consequence there is chaos, as we are currently seeing in this country. Thirdly, taking these steps and having public support for them would put both pressure and an example of accountability on our elected leaders to solve this problem once and for all.
Foreign Policy- There are some people out there who believe there is no problem with our foreign policy. I like to call those people “warmongers”. The policies of the United States on the foreign stage can, at best, be described as insane. The insanity is so powerful that it fuels a paranoid driven defense budget of almost A TRILLION DOLLARS EVERY YEAR! I mean, I could understand if it was a massive buildup to fill a void, or a budget to start a military force from scratch, but we already have the most massive military in human history. Are you telling me that if we do not spend 700 billion dollars every year that the United States will immediately be conquered by some secret force no one is aware of?
Look, I live in the United States so obviously I have a vested interest in our nation being safe and being able to defend itself, but this fear driven propaganda has to stop. For example, I saw a Mitt Romney speech the other day where he was talking about how Iran is a major threat. Are you kidding me? And this guy wants to be president??
We have over 12,000 tanks, Iran has a little more than a thousand and they are technologically pathetic compared to ours. We have thousands of the most technologically advanced fighter jets on the planet. Iran doesn’t even have 200 and the ones they do have are not all even operational currently. We have 11 aircraft carriers, 60+ destroyers, the numbers that prove how miniscule the Iran threat is just goes on and on. So what’s my point?
My point is that while we need to maintain a strong national defense, we do not need to grow our military every year that goes by. If we are maintaining our military, I can understand using funds for that, but does it really cost 700 BILLION dollars a year to just maintain it? An even more important question is what is the justification for a continued military buildup?? The answer is that there isn’t one and to imply that there is crosses the line into the category of ignorance. If we stopped doing anything to our military but maintaining the equipment we already have, it would take 90% of the other countries literally CENTURIES at the pace they build up at to even begin to equal us. I mean, we have over 5000 nuclear bombs!!! What the hell are we going to nuke 5000 times??
With the financial issues we currently have, the bottom line is that defense spending needs to decrease until there is a credible reason to increase it again and illegally invading other nations we do not like is not a credible reason, nor is it the job or the right of this country.
Those are three of the major issues that I think could be solved if our leaders actually wanted them solved. In the next post, I am going to discuss gay marriage, taxes, and our justice system. Thanks for stopping by.
It is an interesting time in human existence. In the United States, we are witnessing one of the most devious, multilayered and brilliant enslavement’s of a populous in the history of the world. It is as well thought out as it is truly evil, mainly because instead of the people fighting the forced submission coming down upon them, the people responsible for this have figured out a way to make the people not only willingly accept their servitude, but instead embrace it. There are so many levels to the whole plan that it can be difficult to explain but I am going to try regardless.
The first step was when this country was founded. People from across the oceans came here searching for freedom and that fact is ironic because it is that perception of freedom that is the foundation of the entire system and its ability to control its citizens. Think about it for a moment because the illusion of freedom began at this moment. Consider the fact that the people who founded this country wanted freedom so what did they do? They sailed to a land far away, a land already occupied by an entire culture of people, the Native Americans, and forcibly took it from them, both through sheer force and through laws they enacted once they got there. It really is no different than if you walked onto your neighbor’s property and then began taking his things. When he objected to you stealing his stuff, you then reply by either having your friends beat him up, or telling him you have just made a new rule allowing you to take his possessions. What authority would you have to make such a rule? The answer is none, but because your friends are there to back you up, you do it anyway. If he fights you, he gets his ass kicked exactly as the Natives of this land did.
So, after our founders arrived here, they expressed their support of freedom by taking that very freedom from a land they invaded. Neither Columbus nor anyone else “discovered” this land because there were already people here. After doing so, they began to grow their country. They fought the British for the land they had recently stolen from the Native Americans. After their victory, the country began to grow at a rapid rate. We drafted a Constitution, a Bill of Rights, both documents that were portrayed as being safeguards against tyranny, even as the men who wrote it OWNED African Americans. How could people who are demanding freedom own another human being against their will? It is an interesting and noteworthy point to remind everyone that when the Constitution was drafted, a document designed to protect freedom, it actually included provisions designed to continue the importation of slaves. So again, we have a document designed to protect freedoms declaring laws enabling one group of people to own another. This was one of the earliest forms of what is really the brilliant key to the invisible oppression happening in this country, that being the ability to say one thing enough times that people just start believing it, even when the very people saying it are doing the exact opposite. Again, a Constitution is written to protect freedom but has rules in it that specifically take freedom from a whole culture of people.
So as the years go by, the individual freedom given to the citizens of this country begins to intoxicate them with its ability to ignore any type of morality and in its place, let’s the citizens get drunk with greed, with lust, and with pride. Almost anything becomes acceptable and the people eat it up. They focus their entire lives on attaining massive wealth, basing their self-worth on material items, gaining power over others, and using the freedom they have to crush anyone who opposes the immorality of their ways. There has never been a country like this and it attracts people from all over the world. They are drawn here by the dream of higher achievement than is almost impossible in almost any culture. In doing so though, they become so ingrained in the system here that they will believe anything as long as it is presented under the guise of liberty and freedom. The country grows and as it does, after a century or so, finds that the country is at odds of the issue of the enslaved blacks, with half the population believing they should be free while the rest believe they should remain enslaved, wanting to deny other human beings the same liberties and freedom they demand for themselves. The moral compass of those wishing to retain their liberty but deny it to the blacks is so far into the hypocritical area that they go to war with the half that wants the blacks treated equally. In the end, the slaves are freed but despite the end of their enslavement, they are still treated no better than dogs. They are not allowed to use the same bathroom, ride the same vehicles, and attend the same schools. Little by little these barriers are broken as we head into the middle of the 1900’s but most of the advances have to be forced upon the whites instead of them willingly doing it because it is the right thing to do. Also, around this time, that being the 1950’s or so, an aspect of the government begins to construct an almost “secret government” that is slowly and invisibly tightening its control over the people who think they are “free”. They slowly get into bed with the telecommunications industry, most of the time justifying their illegal monitoring of citizens as “matters of national security”. The military begins to grow into a monstrosity, building up a technologically advanced military so large that it is fair to argue it would have little problem destroying the rest of the world. By the late 1960’s, after the invention of the nuclear bomb, the United States at one point has over 30,000 nuclear warheads, enough to level every square inch of the planet. At the same time, members of the government begin to become major stockholders in the largest corporations in the world, often finding themselves in charge or regulating with laws the very companies they are invested in, ensuring both insider trading and a rapid increase in wealth for a small percentage of the populous. Computers are starting to advance and as they do, they give the highest and most secret agencies of the government another technological road that leads them to further control of the populous.
In the 1970’s, women start to gain more rights, after spending years being denied the very freedoms that every man demands. The United States finds itself becoming more and more dominant globally and as they do, the CIA along with the military increases the amount and the frequency of their meddling in the free rights of other countries to run their lands as they see fit. Also, with the growth of the country comes an ever increasing need for oil and this need lays the groundwork for the subversive meddling we now see in the Middle East today. We see our country begin to secretly and publicly interfere in the affairs of countries that do not want us there. We fund rebel groups trying to unseat their governments and during this time, the CIA goes into business with a group in Afghanistan called the Mujahedin and provides assistance to a man named Osama Bin Laden as we support their efforts against Russia, the only other country that could be truly called a superpower at this point in time.
Now, the previous statements in this post are general because to detail every aspect of this longstanding and evil plan would take me the rest of my natural life. That doesn’t mean I do not believe my statements are true because I do, it just means that before you take them to heart, take a few minutes and use the wealth of information at your fingertips in this technological age and research them for yourself.
Now let’s fast forward to today’s world. The continuation of the governments “shadow” infiltration in every aspect of society is reaching its peak. The United States controls the space around this planet. We have launched and operated literally hundreds of satellites and currently the number that are still up there is debatable, but it is well known that there are multiple active ones that are capable of controlling and directing missile defense, communications, and observations as accurate as if you were standing in front of the target with a camera. The government of this country, having continued its integration into the telecommunications industry, including all landlines and cellular phones along with pretty much any frequency that goes through the air, now is able to monitor almost all communications. They are supposed to have a warrant to do such a thing but because they control everything, there is no way to know what they actually monitor and record. Additionally, they have the resources, technology and ability to monitor anything that goes through the world of cyberspace, which is pretty much everything. Personal information, emails, banking information, private conversations, no matter what it is, the government can and does monitor it without your authorization. Even your conversations and movements are not safe, as they have the capability to monitor not only the global positioning of your cellphone but with all GPS devices in cars and other technologies going through satellite and technological channels, there are few actions a man or woman can take that cannot be monitored. Whether it is the use of your credit card or the countless and ever growing total of cameras everywhere in our society, we have truly reached the state of big brother.
The scariest part though, the most brilliant aspect in an evil way, is the true mastery of propaganda though the channels of information that almost everyone uses. Those in power have realized that it is a fast food world, a time in our countries history where people gather their information in small doses instead of deeply researching what they hear and because of this, they have realized that if they say something enough times, mis-characterize a person’s words frequently enough, that the vast majority of people who hear it will believe it and belief is arguably the most powerful aspect of human control. It is truly staggering how many people believe things pumped through channels that are obviously biased and have a vested interest in making people believe one thing or another. Much like the drones we use to cowardly strike and kill people dubbed “enemies”, people themselves are slowly being numbed out. Between the drugs in the food, the drugs in the water, the drugs in the air, the drugs in the medicine, what chance does the human mind really have?
Even those individuals who are capable of seeing through the cloud of illusion have little chance. Realizing the truth of this country and the world can drive a person to near madness and when it does, it only becomes easier for the system to isolate and control that person, because if someone steps out of line or crosses the path of the wrong powerful person, it is child’s play to use their massive power of influence through information to discredit and destroy anyone they wish to. Additionally, much in the same way that media and information is used to control and influence the people, the pride of the nation, the patriotism of a nation is used in just as devious of a way. Anything the government can wrap in the American flag, they do because the people of this country are so prideful, so blindly supportive of anything America does, right or wrong, that those in control know for a fact that they can just completely destroy anyone who questions their actions as “unpatriotic” and a “hater of America”, effectively destroying their reputation in one fell swoop. A perfect example of this was the amplification of the patriotic view after 9/11. Since that time in this country, anyone who has questioned the government’s motives or right in any aspect of military action is quickly labeled as “hating the troops”. How ridiculous, as if someone who thinks it is wrong to invade a country truly wants the troops to be killed. The same type of thing has happened to the militias that used to exist in every state in the Union. These militias are supposed to exist as a safeguard against the federal government becoming tyrannical, but after 9/11 and the radical Oklahoma City bombing, anyone interested in forming such a militia is now an extremist or a terrorist when these militias used to be one of the most glaring examples of citizens protecting their right to freedom.
I am going to wrap it up right there because I have probably already lost a large chunk of readers a paragraph or two ago. I have at times been labeled unbalanced and after reading this, if that is what you think I am, you are obviously free to do so but I hope, for the sake of your children and mine, you at least consider the possibility of what I am saying because if you, for just one second, detach yourself from the system that so ingrains most of us and look at the truth and the facts in an unbiased way, I think you will be scared by what you find.
Talking to people out there, I still think that the citizens of this country truly have no idea how paranoid and violent the United States really is. Our mainland has not been attacked by another nation since the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and when they did, killing thousands of Americans, we responded by killing 200,000 Japanese people, many of them just innocent civilians living under leadership that made a foolish move. Since then, the only attack against America was what happened on 9/11, but that was not an attack carried out by a country, it was carried out by a small group of radicals led by Osama Bin Laden, a man who formerly was a friend and employee of our country. That’s if you believe the official story but that is a whole different post. The point of this post is to try and give you a real understanding of both how armed this country really is, and how ridiculous it is when politicians try to use fear to control the masses. I will try to put this as bluntly as possible…..there is no country that poses even a small threat to the United States. Our military is the most massive and powerful entity this planet has ever seen and we are so far past what we actually need as far as military buildup goes, that for anyone to imply Iran, Iraq, Syria, or any of these countries with big mouths but little ability, could pose even a slight threat to us is propaganda and fear-mongering at its worst……seriously, look at the following list of what our military actually has and then try and tell me anyone is a threat to us with a straight face. Keep in mind these are approximate numbers taken directly from government sources and other sites that have verification of accuracy. I am just passing these numbers on to give people a real idea of what we really have. AGAIN I MUST REITERATE THAT AS MASSIVE AS THIS LIST IS, IT IS ONLY A PARTIAL LIST…..THERE IS MUCH,MUCH MORE THAN THIS…THE VEHICLES LISTED WITH NO NUMBER AFTER THEM WERE TO ONES I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY QUANTITY OF, ONLY VERIFIED THEIR EXISTENCE…
These are approximate numbers taken from a variety of sites with references as to where they acquired their information.The number, when provided, are the quanity we admit to having.
Main Battle Tank
M1 Abrams 6,343
Infantry Fighting Vehicles
M2/M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
M2 Bradley 6,724
Armored Personnel Carriers
M113 armored personnel carrier 6,000
Assault Amphibious Vehicle 1,311
Bison armored personnel carrier 12
Pandur I 50
Light Armored Vehicles
M1117 Armored Security Vehicle 1,836
Desert Patrol Vehicle
Light Strike Vehicle
Advanced Light Strike Vehicle
Ranger Special Operations Vehicle
Interim Fast Attack Vehicle 157
Ground Mobility Vehicle
Mine Protected Vehicles
Cougar ~3,500 on order
International MaxxPro 5,250 on order
BAE Caiman 2,800 on order
Oshkosh M-ATV 8,108 on order
Combat engineering vehicles
M9 Armored Combat Earthmover 447
M88 Recovery Vehicle 698
M104 Wolverine 44
Self-Propelled artillery and Anti-Air
Stryker Mobile Gun System
M109A6 Paladin (155 mm Howitzer Motor Carriage; Full-Track) 850
Dragon Fire (Self-Propelled Mortar) 66
M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System 991
M901 Improved Tow Vehicle
M1097 Avenger 1000
MIM-104 Patriot 1106 launchers
Terminal High Altitude Area Defense 24 interceptors
Prime Movers and Trucks
Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement 7,500
Heavy Equipment Transport System
M35 2½ ton cargo truck
M939 Truck 32,000
Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles 80,000
Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck 13,000
Logistics Vehicle System
Palletized Load System
Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle
John Deere Gator
M93 Fox 123
Jaguar 2 (a.k.a. the Badger)
Wiesel 1 7
Unmanned Combat Vehicles
iRobot 510 Packbot
XM1216 Small Unmanned Ground Vehicle
iRobot 710 Warrior
Squad Mission Support System (SMSS)
Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV)
Transformer (flying car)
Marine Personnel Carrier
Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV)
GCV Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Adaptive Vehicle Make
Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARS)
Black Knight (Unmanned Combat Vehicle) prototype only
MILITARY AIRCRAFT TYPE QTY
A-10 Thunderbolt II Attack Aircraft 345
AC-130 Spectre Gunship 25
B-1 Lancer Bomber 66
B-52 Stratofortress Bomber 20
C-5 Galaxy Cargo Aircraft 103
C-12 Huron Cargo Aircraft 65
C-17 Globemaster III Cargo Aircraft 213
Gulfstream C-20 VIP/Passenger/Cargo aircraft 7
Learjet C-21 VIP/Passenger aircraft 55
Boeing C-22 Passenger aircraft 3
C-26 Metroliner Cargo Aircraft 11
C-27J Spartan Cargo Aircraft 13
Boeing C-32 Passenger Aircraft 8
Gulfstream C-37 VIP/Passenger Aircraft 11
Gulfstream C-38 VIP/Passenger Aircraft 2
C-40 Clipper Passenger Aircraft 10
C-130 Hercules Cargo Aircraft 328
C-130J Super Hercules Cargo Aircraft 89
E-3 Sentry Command and Control Aircraft 32
Boeing E-4 Command and Control Aircraft 4
E-38 Joint STARS Command and Control Aircraft 17
E-9A Widget Surveillance Aircraft 2
EC-130J Commando Electronic Warfare Aircraft 7
EC-130H Compass Call Electronic Warfare Aircraft 14
F-15 Eagle Air Superiority Fighter 254
F-16 Fighting Falcon Fighter Aircraft 1004
F-15E Strike Eagle Fighter Aircraft 221
F-22 Raptor Air Superiority Fighter 195
F-35 LightningII Fighter Aircraft 12
U-2 Dragon Lady Reconnaissance Aircraft 26
AV-8B Harrier II Attack Aircraft 99
F-35 Lightning II Fighter Aircraft 7(340 on order)
E-6 Mercury Electronic Warfare Aircraft 16
EA-6B Prowler Carrier based Electronic Warfare Aircraft 36
EA-18G Growler Carrier based Electronic Warfare Aircraft 48(114 on order)
F-5F/N Tiger II Fighter Aircraft 44
F/A-18 Hornet Carrier based Fighter Aircraft 433
F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Carrier based Fighter Aircraft 489
This list of planes does not include thousands of refueling planes, cargo transports, training planes, various transports and reconnaissance planes of the highest technology.
HH-60 Pave Hawk Search and rescue copter 99
UH-1N Twin Huey Utility Helicopter 62
AH-6 Little Bird Attack Helicopter 51
AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter 727
CH-47 Chinook Cargo Helicopter 442
EH-60 Black Hawk Electronic Warfare Copter 64
MH-47 Chinook MultiMission Copter 61
MH-60 Black Hawk MultiMission Copter 58
AH-1 SuperCobra Attack Helicopter 153
AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopter 28(189 on order)
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICHLES/DRONES
MQ-1 Predator Drone 138
MQ-1C Grey Eagle Drone 12(133 planned)
RQ-4 Global Hawk Drone 25(66 planned)
RQ-7 Shadow Drone 110+(official # not released)
MQ-9 Reaper Drone 77(396 planned)
CVN Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier 10
USS Enterprise(CVN-65) Aircraft Carrier 1
DDG Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer 62(77 planned)
CG Ticonderoga Class Cruiser 22
FFG Perry Class Frigate 23
Cyclone Class Patrol Boat 12
SSN Seawolf class Attack Submarine 43
SSN Virgina Class Attack Submarine 7(30 planned)
SSBN/SSGN Ohio Class Ballistic/cruise missile sub 18
The Pentagon reports that the United States has 5,113 nuclear warheads
Now, the above figures are again only a partial list but you should be able to see what I mean. How could a country like Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan, or even a large group of radicals such as Al-Qaeda, be called even the smallest threat to our country?? The equipment listed above is of the highest technological levels in the world and that is not even counting the “secret” or “classified” aspects of our military, which are surely even more powerful.
Then you factor in the CIA, an organization that has most likely infiltrated any government they have chosen to. Then you factor in our special forces, our “black ops” which are units that act regularly but are never admitted to even exist. Then you factor in our chemical, biological and germ warfare projects, most too horrible to even reveal to the general public. There are government documents, declassified and right out in the open for anyone who wants to take the time to look, showing government funding for projects such as mind control, such as genetic engineering of insects with the intention of dispersing them, say mosquitos infected with smallpox for example, into countries that have no idea we are doing so. There are classified military projects that are working to produce “invisible” vehicles, projects creating robotic soldiers, projects working on laser technology, even projects working on teleportation. THIS IS NOT PARANOIA, YOU CAN FIND INFORMATION ONLINE FROM OFFICIAL SOURCES WITH DECLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS SHOWING ALL OF THIS AND IT WOULD ONLY TAKE A MINIMAL EFFORT ON YOUR PART.
So the next time Romney, Obama, Sarah Palin or any of the other countless idiots in government try to scare you, try to take your gun or your rights away from you based on FEAR OF ATTACK BY COUNTRIES THAT ARE 1/10000TH OF WHAT WE ARE, TELL THEM TO TRY TALKING TO SOMEONE WHO IS A PROGRAMMED DRONE BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE TRUTH.
You want a simple and easy to understand example of why this country is getting so fucked up?? Read on….
Here are some numbers on the length of service by the members of our current Congress. The reason that this is meaningful is because we have a government structure that, in order to function, requires the people to both vote in people who will represent their views, and also vote out people who are either corrupt or incompetent in their duties. Now when you look at the United States, we have a plethora of issues; Tax issues, massive debt, racial issues, government and corporate corruption, illegal immigration, a crumbling infrastructure, a crumbling healthcare system, a crumbling economy, foreign policy problems that have left most of the world hating our guts, a constant fight over abortion rights, a constant fight over same-sex marriage, a constant fight over civil liberties. Now, all of these issues have easily existed since 1990. Actually, most of them existed before then but we will use that date as a point of reference. Now considering that these problems have been arguably around for over 20 years, the very concept of our system of government would dictate that since our members of Congress have either not been able to solve these issues or, even worse, have been involved in making them worse, common sense would dictate that there must have been many members who were elected, failed at their job, and were then booted by the people in exchange for a new representative to try and do the job they could not.This is where the facts come in. Considering the long-term standing and continued worsening of almost every one of those issues, look how many members of Congress have retained their seats despite it being a proven fact that they ARE NOT AND HAVE NOT DONE THEIR JOBS!!
- There are 60….SIXTY….members of the House of Representatives that have held their seat for more than 20 years! In that group, there are more than 20 that have held their seat since 1983!!! Almost THIRTY YEARS.
- There are 25 Senators…..ONE QUARTER OF ALL THE SENATORS….who have been in office for 34 YEARS OR MORE! THIRTY FOUR YEARS!!!
- Beyond the 60 House members who have more than 20 years of service, there are another 100 or so who have been there for 10-20 years. Again, considering the government has yet to find a permanent solution to ANY of the problems listed above, what MERITS are they being elected on??
I could go on and on about the travesty of justice that has been the permanent takeover of our government by a group of people who lie their way into office, then follow it up by becoming large-scale stock holders in the companies THAT THEY REGULATE in order to not only control the government but to become disgustingly rich. They become rich by taking part in TEXTBOOK INSIDER TRADING as they rub elbows with the top dogs of corporations THEY REGULATE and obviously, the laws they pass and the regulations they enact are going to be ones that increase the value of the companies, thereby increasing the value of the stocks they use to get wealthy.
This is all so fucking obvious, so right in front of the American public, that it is almost unbelievable that it is continued to allow to happen. Then again, the fact that it is testifies to the weak-minded, easily indoctrinated condition of the American public. Scared, weak-minded people easily bought and sold with materialism, propaganda, and fear mongering as they are charmed with their “freedoms” and their “liberties” when in truth they actually control nothing. We, as a populous, have allowed ourselves to be turned into slaves, the only difference is we all think we are not, and none of us can see the chains as they are embedded in our minds. Don’t sweat it though…you never had a choice…..or did you?
I have to say I am staggered by the amount of attention and coverage that this whole Chick-fil-A situation is getting on a daily basis in the news. I mean, honestly….could this situation be any more ridiculous? All this arguing, protest, outrage because one man is against same-sex marriage and publicly espouses his Christian beliefs?? Don’t get me wrong, I am not a Christian nor do I follow or subscribe to any organized religion, but for God’s sakes, if all these people who are so pissed off because the president of a CHICKEN RESTAURANT exercised the free speech they all want respected when they do it instead took their time and I don’t know……QUIT RE-ELECTING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS, this country would be a whole lot better.
It is just amazing to me how people spend their days just dying to be outraged about something, pretending to have this moral compass so rigid and uncompromising as they live pointless, materialistic, empty lives. Every day they support and elect scumbags, liars, hypocrites, never questioning any of THEIR OWN decisions or free views, but the second they see someone who they can act offended by, they are suddenly the Virgin Mary. It just makes me sick to be honest.
I’ll tell you what, any of your morons out there that are so offended by the opinions of the president of Chick-fil-A, I hope you have taken the time to make sure that the president of every grocery store, gas station, restaurant, movie theater, coffee shop, department store, laundry-mat, video store, ice cream stand, pizza place, liquor store, travel agency, bank, sporting goods store, cellphone store, car dealership, oil change shop, body shop, gym, auto body shop, craft store and bar has the same religious and political views as you do. Think about it, because if their views are different from yours and you aren’t protesting their business then you are a FUCKING IGNORANT HYPOCRITE……have a nice day dipshits….
After the horrible events that took place at a midnight screening of the “Dark Knight Rises” in Aurora, Colorado, the debate over gun rights has again taken center stage in our country. Both sides of the gun control issue have tried to use this horrific event to further justify their positions of either more or less gun rights for Americans but to be honest, this event has changed nothing as far as the issue goes because, as usual, the citizens of this country seem to focus on what I consider a smaller aspect to this issue.
I mean, have we really reached a point in our society where we are all so comfortable with killing each other for a variety of reasons that everyone needs to walk around armed? A society like that is a society that is both scary and also underdeveloped. A society where we have all become so interested in the domination of each other that we all demand the need to be able to defend ourselves to the death when we walk to the grocery store. It is sad really.
Now, I am not arguing against gun rights or the right to bear arms or any of that. I completely understand why people want the right to bear arms in this country. The government is taking away civil rights every day, violating our personal liberty and independence, and aside from that being an obvious reason to want to be able to defend ourselves, the other citizens around us are growing more and more paranoid of each other every day. Additionally, this paranoia and general distrust for anyone we don’t know, combined with an ever-growing amount of fear of the corrupt people at the top in this country, is magnifying people’s need to have a weapon that can protect them and their families and that should surprise no one. The thing is though, think about where this leaves us. It is almost a situation where we are becoming a modern-day version of the wild wild west. A society that has become so oppressive and so violent, so distrustful of each other, so generally immoral that it is not going to surprise me if one of our future elections is decided by thousands of voters having a massive gun fight.
That is the problem. The problem is that even though we are long past the days of cavemen, we really haven’t changed at all. You would think that as human beings have evolved over the years we would grow into a race of creatures able to solve their differences without violence but we have not. All we have done is become more technologically advanced cavemen, resorting to the same “spear in the chest” mentality to express our differences that our ancient ancestors did before the spoken word and reason started to have an influence on our ability to compromise. Hell, the way things are in today’s world has gotten so bad that I would completely understand if someone wanted to put a gun turret on their roof, couldn’t you? Why would that surprise anyone?
We are rapidly heading towards a point where this country, along with the rest of the world, is going to just become a gigantic, overpopulated arena of death and the right to have a gun should be taking a back seat to us asking why our society is so violent that everybody needs one. This is the point where I usually lose a lot of people, you see I expect humanity to responsibly advance in our evolution of behavior. It is no surprise to me that one of the biggest arguments in this country is the constant justification and need for all of us to have weapons to kill each other with, without ever questioning what that says about our evolution as a race of creatures. This constant evolution of ways to harm each other, and people’s usual answer that the solution to violence is having more people with weapons of violence, is a true indication of what simple and underdeveloped creatures we are. There is a gun in my household and when I look at the people in our society, my suggestion would be to have one in yours, but the fact that we can all make that statement so easily and as such a common part of our society really and truly shows that we are on a path onto destruction as a people.
To my very small circle of readers, I wanted to let you know I am returning from an extended hiatus. I have a newborn child and after my wife returned to work after maternity leave, I have been getting a first class example of what mothers raising children really go through. As a result, I took a break from writing and also have gained a new-found respect for those mothers and fathers out there that spend their time home with children……it’s freaking exhausting….lol…..anyway, thanks to all who have been reading my page and expect some good blogs because my mind is backed up and about to explode…..great to see you all again…..
Obamacare survived certain doom with the Supreme Court and conservatives are outraged. The waves of reaction have ranged from joy on the left to hate on the right. Regardless of what side of the political fence you are on, this should not surprise you much though because in the end it came down to the governments right to impose additional tax on you. Obviously, you get the message, this was a chance for the government to show you, through evidence of Supreme Court-level law and examination, that they have the legal right to force you to behave a certain way in your life and if you refuse, they have the right to legally impose a tax on you as a penalty. Such a ruling lays the ground for the leaders of this country to wield additional taxes as a penalty for non-conformity and that my friends, in plain sight, is a directly fascist direction.
Usually I try to only use my own writing but I want to share what I think is the most well written description of modern-day fascism and you can decide what countries you believe fall into that category. The following is directly from the page on Wikipedia.org on fascism and it just really seems to be dead on. Again, the credit does not go to me…..except for my usual post-quote commentary.
” To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration
(This is what is currently being fought over by two major factions in our government. Factions are exactly what the Democrats and Republicans are, consisting of political figures being aligned with major corporations trying to fuel their complete domination in the political arena in order to force a way of life on the people. These two factions are connected to and are the heart of, the media, the banking industry, the telecommunication industry and now, with this ruling, they are continuing a slowly growing trend that uses the legal right to impose new taxes as a tool of force. The direction each side is heading are two different paths but both will achieve the same goal. A passive country that has no will to stop those at the top who profit handsomely as the general public struggles. If the will of the people starts to grow in strength and question the authority of the government the people allow themselves to be drugged into a constant haze, intoxicating them with a constant stream of entertainment, sex, violence, distraction, religion, drugs, and countless other influences that keep them sick, but not dying, to power the medical industry, keep them working but not rich, keep them buying to measure their self value, and keep them complaining in order to use their voices to power politically aligned media sources to indoctrinate the people. That’s the brilliance of it really, the complaining that is. It never accomplishes anything but it allows people to THINK it will. They BELIEVE their voice matters but in truth, it has only a minor impact on the actually decision-making of each parties leaders. Instead of it empowering the people, it is used as a political weapon that can be used by whatever party can claim the more closely aligned position to the side of the topic that is currently the most popular amongst the public. It adds momentum to the push each election cycle for each party to get more of “theirs” into office and why would they want to do that? Well, generally speaking, they want to do that so they can legally force their position on the public and, in a sense, morally govern the people. Look at it all thoroughly, its right in front of you.
This has been obvious over the last 20 years in these parts. The “war on terror” has spun wildly out of control, really just becoming the slow eradication of any Muslim country that “could” have terrorists in them. Additionally, the “war on terror” has become a justification by our leaders to probe further into your life than you ever should have let them. 9/11 was a tragic and horrible event but it is surpassed by the sadness of its use to launch repeated wars against other sovereign nations. None of the countries that we have invaded performed any kind of military act against our country. Did they have people who were criminals that we were determined to capture? Quite possibly, but a country harboring a fugitive is not a legitimate reason to attack other nations physically on the national level, using military forces to enforce government policy upon other free governments. The whole premise of deciding which governments are going to be allowed to exist being an automatic right of ANY COUNTRY is ridiculous and tyrannical. I believe Saddam Hussein was a terrible person, I will openly admit that, but it did not justify us invading a country with its own beliefs, own cultures, and helping EXECUTE their leader, the very same leader that decades earlier was an ally, shaking hands with our Secretary of Defense. This is especially true when lies are used to justify it . In the end, when the reasons for invading another country is anything but self-defense, it is an act of evil, plain and simple.
Fascists commonly utilize paramilitary organizations to commit or threaten violence against their opponents.
This is so true that everybody knows about these agencies but, in truth, knows nothing about what they are actually doing. F.E.M.A., the N.S.A.(The National Security Agency), the D.E.A(Drug Enforcement Administration), the C.I.A (Central Intelligence Agency), nobody truly knows what these people are doing until they really mess something up, such as in the Fast and Furious case that has been in the news. One of these types of agencies selling guns to criminals that are then used to murder people. The CIA openly admitted that they were giving LSD to unknowing citizens in some bizarre social mind control experiment. These are just two of literally countless number of these types of incidents. The Department of Defense, the military, all use drones, flown by remote control to assassinate people as they see fit, justifying it only to themselves. All of these groups, and many, many more operate subversive and specifically designed actions amongst us daily in order to continue to indoctrinate each and every citizen, and make the lives of those they cannot miserable.
With another presidential election at the end of this year, people are trying hard to find a noble and worthwhile person to throw their support behind. They want character, honesty, common sense and fairness and many are hoping, with their fingers crossed, that one of the candidates can provide that.
I am here to tell you not to waste your time. That’s right, I am proposing that every single American, regardless of your political affiliation, boycott this year’s presidential election. Why not? Do you honestly think anything as far as the credibility of our system is going to change? If so, what are you basing it on? I would love to know because maybe it is just me but I haven’t seen anything positive come out of an election at any point in my lifetime. Let me explain a little further.
First off, no matter who wins the election, the members of Congress, and their attitudes is not going to change. Each individual in Congress is guaranteed to continue to do three things. First, they will continue to be willing to sacrifice the well-being of the American people if helping the people requires them to admit their party is wrong on a certain issue. Secondly, they will continue to be more concerned about how their decisions will look when they come up for re-election than they will about how those same decisions will actually help the public. Thirdly, they will continue to be loyal to companies that they own stock in because if they are not and the company struggles, they will lose money. Anyone who thinks any of these things are going to change is either a moron, a liar unwilling to look at facts because their ego not being bruised is more important to them than the truth, or finally, they are morally corrupt in that they are willing to accept lies if it will benefit them personally but hurt everyone else.
That previous paragraph is truth, plain and simple and every fact out there supports it. All three of the points I made about Congress have been accepted fact about that group of leeches for the last 30 years and, again, if you cannot see that then you are truly a fool. What could possibly be done by any incoming president that will change that? Obviously nothing, the president cannot just push Congress around and again Congress has proven over the last four decades that they will happily allow the American people to suffer as long as they do not have to admit their political opponents are correct on an issue.
So back to my original point, why vote? Everything that is wrong with this country are the same issues that have been wrong for 30 years, for the last 7 presidents and not a single one of the problems have ever been solved. Abortion? Still no compromise. Gay Marriage? Still no compromise. Taxes? Still no compromise. Economy? Still no compromise. Foreign policy/defense spending? Still no compromise. Immigration? Still no compromise. Gun rights? Still no compromise. Every single one of these issues have been at the center of every election in pretty much the entire lifetime of every American. The problems are never solved, solutions are only temporarily forced through by whoever controls the serve during that presidential cycle. The minute the other side takes back the power, the policies revert back to that sides view. There has never been any compromise and no intelligent person can show me a single action in the last half century to make one believe it is about to change. Obama is running his election on continuing his policies while his opponent, Mitt Romney, is running on the platform that he will change all the Obama moves back to the Republican side they were on during the Bush years. Neither of them is providing a single, permanent solution to a single problem!!! Not a single one!!!
So again, I ask, why vote? Let me go ahead and debunk any of the obvious answers I will get to this question. People will say “if you don’t vote, you aren’t being represented and therefore can’t complain.” News flash Einstein….YOU AREN’T BEING REPRESENTED ANYWAY. Who do you think is representing you? In 2008 the whole freaking country was behind Obama and his message of “change”, which really just turned out to mean we “changed” what guy sat in the big fancy building and argued with Congress. Not a single policy Obama has passed has permanently solved a single problem. Just like no policy Bush passed permanently solved a single problem. Just like no policy Clinton passed permanently solved a single problem. Starting to see a pattern here?
The role of our leaders is to collectively work together to solve problems, not to just pass them on to the next group of their peers to argue about. Instead of voting this year, do something worthwhile that will help mankind, like plant a tree because in the end, a tree providing us with oxygen is a larger accomplishment than any president has made in this country in decades.
Today I was perusing a website called theblackvault.com, a site full of unbelievably interesting government documents declassified under the Freedom Of Information act. I want to say before I get into this post that if you are an American citizen and have never read any of these documents, you are doing yourself a major disservice. The information contained on this site is disturbing and also a spectacular example of what your government is doing behind your back and how truly scary their actions are. In this post I am going to focus on a review of the CIA’S MK-ultra program, experimentation by your government, funded by your tax dollars, on how the government can control your brain without your knowledge. It is truly an example of a fascist and evil agenda by officials in your government that you never even elected. Prepare to be scared….for real….
The document I started by investigating was dated August of 1977 but based on the CIA’s consistent history of lying and violating any number of levels of morality there is no reason to believe that after this investigation, they simply worked harder at concealing their efforts. The original reason for this investigation was that it was revealed that the CIA, in looking for individuals to be guinea pigs in experimentation with LSD with the goal being mind control, was recruiting heroin addicts. As if that wasn’t bad enough, it was later revealed that as compensation for participating, these heroin addicts were rewarded with...heroin! That’s right, a federal agency using tax dollars to fund a program recruiting heroin addicts and paying them with more heroin…..shameful.
The following statement is a direct quotation from one of these documents and keep in mind this document and investigation was provided BY THE GOVERNMENT AS IT INVESTIGATED ACTIONS BY THE CIA
“Some 2 years ago the Senate Health Subcommitee heard chilling testimony about human experimentation activities of the Central intelligence Agency. The Deputy Director of the CIA revealed that over 30 universities and institutions were involved in an “extensive testing and experimentation” program which included covert drug tests on unwilling citizens “at all social levels, high and low, native Americans and foreign. Several of those tests involved the administration of LSD to “unwilling subjects in social situations”. The test subjects were seldom accessible beyond the first hours of the test. In a number of instances, the test subject became ill for hours or days, and effective follow-up was impossible.”
Now, that was a direct quote from the investigation that took place. It basically shows that the government was secretly slipping LSD to citizens who had no idea what was going on and then watching them in social situations. Once they became ill as a result, the CIA just left them to their own devices, no matter how fucked up they were as a result of this forced, secret drugging of American citizens. The document continues as follows…..
“Other experiments were equally offensive. For example, heroin addicts were enticed into participating in LSD experiments in order to get a reward-MORE HEROIN“
So again, we have an agency of the government, an agency funded by YOUR TAX DOLLARS, paying heroin addicts with HEROIN in order to experiment upon them.
The document continues “perhaps most disturbing of all was the fact that the extent of experimentation on human subjects was unknown. The records of all these activities were destroyed in January 1973, at the direction of the CIA Director. In spite of persistent inquiries by both the Health Subcommittee and Intelligence Committee. No additional records or information was forthcoming. And no one-no single individual could be found who remembered the details, not the Director of the CIA, who ordered the documents destroyed, not the official responsible for the program and none of his associates.
Now I could continue but the point of this post is to spur people to go to theblackvault.com and look over these documents themselves. They show actions by our government that go well past being wrong and cross into the area of truly evil and fascist. The last paragraph there clearly shows that the people who set these programs up never even question the morality of it, only whether they will get caught. They are playing God with your money and your life and nothing has happened in the subsequent 30 years to make one believe that these practices have stopped, they have only become better concealed. Read the site and fear for your life, if you do the research you will never look at your leadership and your government the same again
I am thinking that as far as the next presidential election goes most people are going to fall into one of four categories
- Democrat-You support Barrack Obama. By saying that you do you are basically endorsing the following; First, driving this country into debt that it will never recover from and also burdening your children and your children’s children with the financial irresponsibility that you are allowing to happen. Second, having social services run amok, allowing people to act much like a tick does, sucking the blood of the country and your neighbors while also poisoning and infecting the country with laziness and acceptance of people wanting to be supported by those who work harder than they do. Third, allowing the government to invade every aspect of your life with excessive bureaucracy, invasion of personal rights, and a “big brother” attitude that rivals most science fiction stories. Fourth, you are either unaware or in support of the United States government deploying hundreds if not thousands of unmanned drones over American airspace under the guise of “law enforcement” when in truth they will be used to illegally spy on and monitor the public. The bill to do so was signed in February by Obama and dozens of military bases are preparing to be the homes of these as we speak. Fifth, you support a government where the leaders give the positions of power, positions that are not elected by the people, to the scumbag buddies of whoever is making such appointments, in this case Obama. Sixth, socialism, plain and simple. Blaming the rich for every problem of the poor and making it so that being successful and having dreams that are grand puts you in a group of people who will be blamed for every problem. Seventh, you support the complete and total acceptance of anyone being able to walk into this country, not obtain citizenship but still be able to get a driver’s license, student loans from the government, and also be allowed to be a felon right out in the open in front of law enforcement with no penalty. There are more characteristics of the Democrat but that is a start.
- Republican-First, corporate influence to be as connected to the government as mobsters were to local businesses back in the mob heavy days. Second-Excessive wealth obtained by individuals to the point that they gain control of so much of the business that they can rape the middle and lower class. Third- absolutely no compassion for anyone who is down and out, even if it is a legitimate case. No social services whatsoever and fuck all the elderly, the minorities and pretty much everyone else who is not rich or white. Fourth- A war monger mentality towards national defense policy. Policy that believes in forcibly taking from other countries, forcibly removing and controlling their governments and funding secret wars all over the globe that are basically run for the purpose of allowing corporations to benefit from the deaths of innocent people.Fifth-religious intolerance by people who believe in forcing their religion upon people whether they like it or not. If you’re not a Christian then you’re not a real republican.Sixth-discrimination against any non christian lifestyle a.k.a homosexuality. If you’re gay then you’re sick and you deserve no equal treatment. There are many more characteristics but that’s a start.
- Independent A.- First- radical belief systems that are obviously unproven and ripe with peril. Abortions for everyone, drug use for everyone. Second- foreign policy that goes too far in the opposite direction. Pulling every U.S. troop home from even the most noble of causes and if thousands die and half the world falls into chaos, who cares as long as you can sit there and get fat and high. Third-complete support of pretty much any personal behavior that doesn’t harm your neighbor without applying common sense. Taking a shit on your front lawn in broad daylight doesn’t hurt your neighbor, neither does having giant racist billboards on your property but is that the type of people you want your children to grow to be and see everyday?Fourth-Economic policies that would allow the country to fall apart. No federal tax means no working roads, no firemen, no military to defend you and I don’t care if you own a gun because if China ever invades us, you’ll be begging for a military if you wind up in an interment camp .Again, there are many more but that is a start.
- Independent B/Common Sense-The smallest of the four groups. First-These people believe in common sense being applied to all problems. Government not supporting the people but at the same time offering options to those in need. Being generous to your neighbor but also being responsible for yourself. Second-tolerance of religion because in truth, no one is around to tell us which one is proven to be the correct one.Third- a military that can defend us and also contribute to worthwhile global causes without bullying smaller countries that do not want us involved in their business.Fourth-An economic system that allows for everyone to contribute a fair share and doesn’t allow the lazy to mooch off the working or the rich to take advantage of the poor.Fifth-An immigration system that allows immigrants to freely come here but also makes sure it is done legally without a system that makes it so difficult that they would rather be felons than legally join the country.
I was thinking about something today. We see so much conflict in the Middle East over the country of Israel and the land they occupy. Their divide with the Palestinians is a constant struggle and a constant thorn in the side of not only their region but the entire world. That is no big secret though. This has been going on for decades and other than a select group of Arab countries, most of the world supports their statehood. What I don’t understand is that if the Jewish people were given their state because it was theirs originally and therefore they should have it back then why doesn’t the United States have to give their land back to the Native Americans? They were here long before we were and their land was forcibly taken, plain and simple, so why is it just for the world, and more importantly, the United States, to support one people being given back what was theirs but not another?
It is a fair question and personally I think it is truly shameful that this is not an issue. I am not saying the entire country needs to move out but how can we justify our support of another group of people being given back their land, forcibly, while refusing to even begin to provide reparations to people we did the exact same thing to?? It is just a horrible example of how people are these days. Think about how years ago there were people who supported reparations for people whose families were slaves hundreds of years ago but screw the Indians right? Again, shameful. The worst part of it is how the government and citizens of this country were so blase about, acting like giving the Native Americans any rights was not even a consideration. In 1830 our Congress actually passed a bill called the Indian Removal Act….can you imagine how offended pretty much any race would be in today’s politically correct world if they tried something like that in today’s society?
Here’s a scenario to consider. Imagine tomorrow you woke up and saw on the news that the government was going to remove all the Hispanic illegal immigrants by passing a bill called the Mexican Removal Act. Can you even begin to imagine the outrage that would cause? The protests? The cries of racism? Also keep in mind, we would have that reaction and the people being removed in this case would be illegal and not the original residents here. With that being true, how could there be so much outrage over that but when it comes to the Native Americans, the original owners off this land, people don’t even blink or consider we basically wiped out an entire culture just to take their land.
The worst part about all this is that many people will read this and think I am crazy, say that happened hundreds of years ago so who cares, and again that is just a horribly shameful way to be. Yes, we didn’t have concentration camps like the Nazi’s did but we did intentionally spread disease and conflict all across the lands of an indigenous people with the direct goal of eradicating them from their land. When you celebrate July 4th this year, Independence day, remember that we left England in search of freedom and to get it we took that very freedom from a whole culture and destroyed it.
As an American, I have spent my entire life under the blanket of military security and materialistic comfort that few countries have been able to so ably provide to their citizens throughout the history of the world. Sadly, this is something that could be drastically changing over the next few decades. It scares me to say that, I have a newborn daughter and I want her to grow up in a country of opportunity and stability but the more I observe the world, the more I have my doubts that she will be as comfortable as I am now when she is my age. I say this because the United States is now in a far more dangerous global situation than I think anyone realizes.
Consider the following. As a country we have many allies and also many enemies. Not necessarily enemies that will be invading us anytime soon, but enemies more in the sense of countries that simply do not like the people that we are, even if they begrudgingly deal with us for economic gain. Those countries, such as China, are the ones we are on a direct collision course with. We, as a nation, owe China a ridiculous amount of money. This debt is the reason we are willing to turn a blind eye to the human rights and other democratic violations that are a daily occurrence in what is the most populated country on the planet. With their population growth comes the continued growth of the Chinese economy and many people would agree that it is only a matter of “when” not “if” before they surpass us economically. When they do, it will be time for the USA to pay up on our debt to them and when we cannot, which is obviously what is going to happen, where does that lead? If we have no more money, money that we owe China, what is the only thing we have that they can take as payment? You guessed it…..our land. This is the dangerous game we are playing with our massive debt to the world.
You see, if the United States declared war on China tomorrow, it is unlikely that any major world power would do a whole lot to help us and even if they did, European countries such as Great Britain or France only have the nuclear aspect to lend to the cause, not the massive standing military that we have. On the other side of the coin though, if China were to ever declare war on the United States, think about the countries that would happily join in against the United States and their allies simply out of their hatred for us, some of it deserved. China alone would be a formidable task alone for the USA to defend itself against, but in this scenario, one where superpowers so large begin a conflict, it would be almost guaranteed to balloon into a world war. In such a war, Russia would most likely back China, putting the USA and it’s allies at a disadvantage from the beginning. Then, with Russia’s involvement, it is safe to assume that Iran, who has ties to Russia, would welcome the chance to eradicate what they consider American imperialism. Next we would most likely see North Korea, a neighbor of China and an established enemy of the United States, be perfectly comfortable throwing their hat into the ring on China’s side and considering the strength of their massive military, it is hard to imagine the United States having any chance against those four countries. Except for the fact that is not everyone yet. Syria, an ally of Russia and a country provided military support from them, could almost surely be counted as a Russian ally in such a scenario as could all of the Arab countries that despise Israel. Speaking of Israel, they would find themselves pulled from the safety of the alliance with us right into a horrible geographical disadvantage against an army of countries they would now literally be surrounded by. Pakistan, another country growing tired of our drone strikes and our refusal to respect their borders or their sovereignty, would be far more likely to join the coalition against us than they would to help us.
Such an overwhelming disadvantage for the United States, Israel, and Europe would put everyone in a position where nuclear war would be inevitable. Now maybe none of this will ever happen because each country is that scared of a worldwide nuclear war, hopefully that will be the case, but everyone who lives here in the United States better realistically look at the world scenario and realize that the people who are against us have more power than the people who are with us, we just choose to flex it more publicly. Think about it, if Russia decided to invade a smaller country near its borders, say one of the states that used to be part of the Soviet Union, what could we really do about it? Send them a harshly worded letter?
The point of all this is that people need to be aware of the fact that the power of the United States is rapidly waning. We are an economic mess, our government is full of corrupt people profiting of our debt and our failing economy, the citizens are both struggling and also living a lower standard of life every year that goes by. What is happening to us now is what happens to great empires soon before they collapse and fracture into smaller countries, leaving behind a void that is usually filled by the next empire. This is how history has always gone and I am not quite sure why people think it isn’t going to happen to us. So what can we do as a nation prevent a situation that has happened time and time again to empire after empire? I cannot say that I have a concrete answer. Our reputation has become so soiled in the minds of the rest of the world that it has generated a want of “justice” so to speak from the rest of the world. Country after country can count itself in a group that believes we deserve to fall after our years of both underhanded and open actions that usually are only seen as fair by those involved in the corruption and to the rest of the world, our time has come.
It is sad to say this too because there was a time when the United States represented something good in the world, a beacon of opportunity that drew millions from around the world looking for a better life, a life of freedom, and now what have we become. A country where dollars mean more than morals, lies are the standard if you can only not be forced to reveal the truth, and us forcing our way of life on the rest of the world, even through force, is accepted and usually cheered. We cannot continue like this. If we as a people allow corporate influence, the lust for power and the greed for money to be the controlling interest in our government, it doe not take a genius to realize our time at the top is soon to come to an end. You’ve been warned…..act accordingly…
Hello my friends, my few readers and also anyone who is just bored and came across my blog. Today I am writing the first of what will be many parts of what I am calling the Stav Chronicles. The purpose of this exercise is to examine the problems that have plagued the American citizens for decades. You see, every election that comes and goes is centered around specific issues and despite the fact that these issues have remained at the forefront of each election for the last thirty or forty years, strangely none of them seem to go away. I find this perplexing, mainly because every single president over that time period has proposed, during their candidacy, solutions to these problems yet to an issue none of them seem to have found any sort of resolution that everyone can live with. Are we that simplistic, that intolerant of each other that we are never going to be able to reach a conclusion on any of these problems? It just doesn’t make sense and as a person who at least thinks he is moderately intelligent, it always locks up my brain that we have not been able to do anything but pass these issues onto the next administration. Over these next few posts, I am determined to take a closer look at each of the problems I am referring to in the hopes that maybe I can find some sort of middle ground that we all can live with, even if it is done so begrudgingly. The issues I am going to explore are the following; abortion, war, role of government, taxes, gay marriage, immigration, state’s rights, racial issues, nationalism, and military service, more specifically”don’t ask, don’t tell” . I realize that there are countless more that plague us each day but I think that list is a fine place to start. Let’s get started…
Abortion has existed for literally thousands of years, which may surprise some people. It has existed in almost every society studied and though it used to be a far more dangerous procedure, in today’s world, with the proper medical resources available, it is a relatively safe procedure. That being said, it is estimated that nearly half the abortions being performed these days fall into the category of “unsafe”. Nearly 44 million abortions are performed globally each year with those numbers obviously varying depending on the source you use and it is estimated that a little less than half of those are performed in an environment or through a procedure that would be considered “unsafe”. As a result of some areas of the world having either better or worse resources than others, there are an estimated 70 thousand maternal deaths and 5 million disabilities caused by the unsafe procedures each year.
Now, 44 million is a big number and if you were to average that out over the last 20 years you are looking at almost a billion human beings that would have existed instead never taking their first breath. I am not making that statement to support or oppose the right to have an abortion but instead just trying to make a point about the actual human effect this procedure has on our race. There are examples amongst these numbers that I think few people would argue, such as those children that were terminated after a case of forcible rape or incest, or the situation where the baby has an identified problem so serious that it is determined an abortion is the humane way to deal with them as opposed to a life of suffering or pain. These cases are not the ones I want to discuss because unless you have been raped, you probably have no idea what it feels like to have the seed of someone who would perform such a vile act growing in your body. Also, if you were a 13-year-old girl impregnated by your father or uncle in another act that can only be described as vile, it is understandable, for both the well-being of the child and the mother, to see that person choose to abort their pregnancy.
No, when I discuss abortion I want to focus on the vast majority of these procedures that are done simply as a matter of choice. Having never been involved in such a situation, I can only imagine how hard of a decision it must be and also how difficult it must be to have an unwanted pregnancy. At the same time, I think we would all agree that there are a large number of these procedures that take place that can only be identified as a form of birth control, which I personally see as a very irresponsible action. Again though, I am not here to judge, instead I am here searching for a solution that will end the constant legal battles we see on this topic.
To come up with a solution that is acceptable for everyone there are a few key points we must broach beforehand. First off, the conclusion we arrive at must be universally accepted, even if it is accepted with a grain of salt. Not every legality in this country can please everyone and part of being proud of freedom and liberty is also accepting a person’s right to it even if we disagree with their action. This is the biggest chasm we have to cross as a country. Too often in America, despite our boisterous pride over our freedom and liberty, we are unwilling to extend that freedom to someone we disagree with. Abortion is a classic case of this and because of this intolerance by both sides of the issue, I think the answer to the conflict is fairly simple, that being allowing each state to decide what it thinks is appropriate and leaving the federal government out of it, as well as the courts. Though I will delve deeper into the states rights issue in one of the later sections, I think it looms large in this discussion. Depending on where you live in this country, it is plainly obvious that the borders that separate our states also separate ways of life lived by our citizens. Each state has their own way of life and if we are truly proud of our individuality and our right to freedom then each state must not only have the right to control what is legal within their own borders but also must respect that same right from other states. If you live in a state that either supports or objects to a person’s right to have an abortion and you disagree or cannot live with their decision, then you are free to move anytime you like. This isn’t China, there are no restrictions on you picking up and leaving a place you don’t like but there are restrictions on forcing your neighbors, especially when their view is the majority one in your state, to live their lives under rules the minority does not like.
Additionally, people must look at all aspects of these problems, abortion in this case, if they are going to expect people to respect their position on it. For example, this planet is hugely overpopulated. Now I am not saying abort babies as a form of population control, but imagine if there had not been a single abortion in the last say, thirty years, we would have, at least, another billion people on this planet and with the famine that affects so many countries one can only imagine how much worse it would be with another billion people or so. Again, I am not justifying abortion as a way to control this but at the same time people must be realistic about the positive aspects of our actions even if the actions themselves are less than desirable.
After polling my group of friends, and whether you know it or not I have some highly intelligent people counted in my personal circle, I found that they, like myself, tend to be supportive of a pro-choice position on this issue and I agree with them. Anyone who is against abortion or who holds a pro-life position needs to consider that such a position carries with it dire implications and let me explain why. To allow the government to dictate what you can do with your own body is a scary and slippery slope. Imagine a world where your government can tell you a tattoo is immoral and therefore illegal. Imagine a world where the government can restrict what you eat because they think you are too fat. These are just a few examples of how allowing leaders to govern our bodies could lead to serious violations of our personal freedom and liberty and I think most of us agree there is no greater freedom than the freedom to control one’s own body.
The first step towards reaching a goal of compromise is being able to allow yourself to accept the lifestyle choices of someone else, even if you do not like it, as long as it is not personally affecting you. Those in this country who stand on the pro-life side of this issue, and I am sorry if I offend any of them, are basically saying that they should have the right to govern the body of a person other than themselves. Is abortion murder? It is hard to say, but what is easy to identify is that it is a hugely personal decision that belongs in the hands of the individual, not the government. If you stand with pro-life, then I would have to assume you would have no problem with the government making it illegal for you to eat McDonald’s if your body fat percentage is too high because it could easily be argued that allowing you to further damage your own body is a form of slow murder of yourself. See what I mean? Pro-lifers usually rely on the “it’s murder” argument but if those same people are allowed to smoke cigarettes until they get cancer and die from it then are they not be allowed to make a choice that will prematurely end a human life as well? What is the real difference? In the end there really isn’t one because ending a human life is the same thing whether it is done willingly through an abortion or willingly through smoking something that will almost surely shorten the life of a human.
In summary, I personally do not like abortion and would never have one myself(yes, I am a man but you know what I mean). At the same time, God forbid, but if someone raped my wife and impregnated her I’ll be damned if we would not abort the baby that would be the result of someone so disgustingly violating her body and her freedom. Again, I am in favor of each state having the right to choose what their majority wishes but if the federal government is going to be the decision maker then I just cannot see what right they have to regulate your body. For that reason, I believe pro-choice is the only truly fair way to deal with this problem.
So anyone that keeps up with the news has seen the constant barrage of stories pouring out of Syria. In the Syrian town of Houla two weeks ago, at least 108 people were systematically slaughtered, many of them defenseless women and children and today there are reports that it has happened again in the town of Qubeir. Again, it appears that most of the victims are either women or children and again the slaughter seems senseless.
So where is the United States on this issue? I mean we invaded countries like Iraq and Afghanistan over the last decade, often under the guise of trying to “liberate” or “free” their people, so if women and children are being slaughtered without reason, why aren’t all our noble troops and citizens demanding we go there and put a stop to it? I will tell you why, because the United States is cowardly in its meddling all over the world. When we invaded Iraq, those who supported the invasion claimed that Iraq was a threat to the United States and there were human rights violations happening that could not be allowed to continue. Yet Syria, a far more militarily organized and powerful country than Iraq has ever been, is killing their citizens right out in the open and we just sit idly by. It is just shameful in my opinion. It is so shameful because it is obvious that this is a situation where intervention is needed but because the USA has nothing to gain, as far as oil reserves and military positioning by being in Syria, we weakly “condemn” their actions as they continue to slaughter their own citizens. This entire situation shines a large spotlight on American hypocrisy, showing that all of our bullshit about wanting to “spread freedom” and “spread democracy” is completely is exactly that…..bullshit! It is clear to open-minded citizens, as well as the rest of the world, that the United States could give two shits about the “human rights” of anyone unless it is financially and militarily beneficial to us as a nation. Look at China as a perfect example. The term “human rights” does not even exist in China. Chinese citizens have no rights, hell half of them are not even allowed to leave the country, so what does the good ol’ USA do about it? Nothing, because so many of our products are made in China and because we owe them so much money that there is no benefit to the USA doing anything that is actually tangible to help those living without the “freedom” we so selectively spread all over the world.
Basically, what this whole Syria situation and the China example show is this; The United States is not a country of good moral standing. We are a bully, a country that will literally lie their asses off to start a war if we have something to gain from it but at the same time, sit idly by with our limp dicks in our hands as innocent children….children I say, are murdered without provocation. Then we wonder why the world has such a low view of us? Of course they do, we have done nothing but justify almost every bad stereotype about ourselves for the last 20 years, if not more.
Look, in the end I cannot sit here and say the United States can solve every injustice of the world. Just once though in my life, I would love to see this so-called “noble” nation, a nation that looks for every opportunity it can find to puff out it’s chest in pride over the “greatness and freedom” of this country, just once I would like to see us take action when we should as opposed to when we want to. We attacked Iraq, and still meddle there, over a literal laundry list of LIES and the brainwashed people of this country just sat idly by and ate it up. Now that there is a country where our interference could actually save lives and what do we do? We condemn it with a harshly worded statement to the press…..fucking embarrassing.
I want to make one last point and also apologize that this has been such an angry post. I want my readers to know that I greatly cherish the freedom I have to speak my mind in this country. I do realize there are many countries out there where I could be imprisoned for some of my statements but that is exactly the reason I get so pissed off. We have it so good here, we have so much power in the world and like the Amazing Spider-Man deciding to become a crackhead instead of a hero, we waste the great responsibility we have that comes with our great power. We attack others using lies as justification and when an opportunity for us to flex our muscle to actually help people comes along, we stand on the sidelines like the high school nerd to scared to try out for the football team.
Well, I am sure this post will make me look super positive but there is something I need to get off my chest that has been bugging me for a while now. Everyday, when I log into my Facebook account, I see post after post to article after article pointing out all these “secret” things the government is doing. These articles and the people who post them give the impression that they are revealing, in many cases, some horrible evil that the rest of us were unaware of or something that the government is doing that is going to take liberties away from us all. Here’s the thing I want you all to get into your minds……NOTHING HAS CHANGED. YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR DECADES!!!!
There is nothing new going on these days and if you think that for the last 40 or 50 years that you have been “free” or that you had any power over your leaders, then I am sad to inform you that you have been living in a dream world my friend. Think about it….what do you really know about what the government does? The CIA operates completely autonomously from the rest of the government. They have their own policies, their own agendas and no one is monitoring what they are doing. The same goes for the FBI, the DEA, the Department of Homeland Security, the NSA and countless other agencies I’ll bet many of you have never even heard of. They monitor your emails, your phone calls, your blog posts(like this one) and if they want to they can even monitor YOU considering they have satellites that can read the print on your shirt from space. Every aspect of your life in this country is under the control of one government agency or another. The food you eat, and the chemicals in it, are approved and controlled by aspects of the government such as the Department of Agriculture. The water you drink is regulated by the government. Anything being shipped in or out of the country is controlled by the government. All travel, be it by car or by plane, is regulated by a state by state and also national police force of varying departments. All medicine must be approved by the government. They control what vaccinations are given to children, what are taught to those children in schools and what rights those children have when they become adults. They control the telecommunications, the internet and in many cases, the “free” media, which we all know is actually just political mouthpieces for the varying parties in this country. The operate the roads. They control the military. They have taken away state militias, labeling them “terrorists” despite the documented need for militias to protect the people from tyranny. They require you, by law, to have all your personal information run through their system in order for you to do anything. Taxes, a driver’s license, a passport, a social security number, these are just a few of the ways that you are “tagged” in the system so that they are able to basically monitor anyone they like.
As individuals, you have no way of getting around these restraints because you will never have the resources the government does. They control what is allowed on television, the radio and in some cases, the internet. They control the fuel that powers your vehicles, that heats your homes. There are those out there that will say that these things are all controlled by companies but c’mon, are you really that foolish? All these companies are invested in and often run by, either the leaders themselves or close associates of theirs, allowing them to achieve extreme wealth along with the control that grows stronger almost every day. These companies, without a legitimate system of checks and balances, operate however they please and often, when they fuck up, they are either bailed out by the very people(the elected officials) who stand to profit from their success or are given a “slap on the wrist” as the leaders who own and are invested in them pander to the public with empty apologies and hollow promises to not let these things happen again. When the damage done by their often immoral and illegal actions is severe, they are always ready to offer up a scapegoat, a fall guy, to receive the wrath of the public even as they reset their system to continue the very behaviors that screwed it all up in the first place.
I can go on and on and on. What is taught in schools must be approved by some level of government whether it is something you want your child learning or not and while you can home school your children if you wish, the system does not work in your favor for doing so because many parents who would love to do so are not able to because of the rising costs of virtually everything in this country. We are fighting wars because of some of those costs, such as fuel, and despite the fact that we have now invaded multiple Middle Eastern countries that rea heavy with oil, gas prices are as high as ever and even worse the people getting the richest because of it are our congressmen and women who are, almost to a person, invested through stocks in the company’s bleeding the public with those costs.
I am certain there are those out there who will see this post as defeatist but the fact of the matter is that this is how this country is in today’s world. All the activism, all the “Occupy” protestors, in the end, you are doing what they want you to and that is believing that all the noise you are making is actually going to change anything. People have been making noise in protest for decades and you know what? The country is more corrupt and immoral than it has ever been!
For those of you who would tell me to leave if I do not like it let me say this. I would not want to live anywhere else because even with the control, I have a better daily life than most people on this planet lead, but that being a fact does not justify the actions of the corrupt who take their elevated positions for granted and if this style of government continues unchecked as it has for so long then I fear my daughter will have a much harsher country to try to get by in than I would have ever imagined.