The current situation in Syria makes me want to fucking puke. My vomit though, is not be induced because of what is actually happening there but instead is being caused by the reaction we are seeing from the United States, United Kingdom and their allies. As usual, the good old USA, the land of the free, is pondering whether to cowardly act as if they have any sense of morality or justice when in truth, they do not give one flying fuck about the people killed in Syria. Proof of this is so obvious that a child could point it out in a matter of seconds.
The whole world is up in arms over a suspected chemical attack in Syria recently that is said to have claimed 1,300 lives. Now, while that many people being murdered is definitely worth our attention, as usual the United States is openly showing that it neither cares about murdered foreigners, nor does it care about freedom. What do i mean by that? let me explain…
The uprising in Syria has been going on for well over a year now and by most estimates, as many as 50,000 people have been killed. Let me repeat that….50,000 people. This is where my confusion sets in. If the United States cares about innocents being killed as much as they like to act like they do, then why haven’t we intervened up to this point? Why are we ok with 50,000 people being killed by bullets and bombs but when 1,300 die in a chemical attack, we are suddenly filled with nobility to save lives?? It is truly yet another example of American hypocrisy abroad. Our continued passion, as a nation, to control any and all aspects of the Muslim world is beyond sickening, it is actually bordering on a form of genocide towards people that live a very different life than we do. Once again we are pondering attacking a country that has not attacked us, has not attacked any of our allies, and in doing so we once again are deciding to force what we believe on a sovereign nation, whether they want us to or not.
Now please, do me a favor, and do not even dare to try and say that we are considering military action because of our morals or our concern for the dead in the Syrian conflict because if that is what you truly think you have either lost your damn mind or you believe that America should take over the world forcefully. There have been conflicts raging all over this planet for decades, conflicts that have seen ten times as many people killed and we have stood idly by, not even discussing it on a national level. Somalia is a perfect example of this. There has been civil war raging in Somalia since 1991 and during the 20 years that have passed when it started, over 500,000 people have died. During those twenty years, where were all you fucking sheep who are demanding action against Syria then?? Where is your bleeding heart for all the women and children that are dying every day in Somalia as well as numerous other long standing conflicts in Africa?
It’s not there because Americans who support the government are brainless fucking sheep who believe whatever news source is their favorite one to pound thoughts into their feeble minds every day. No one is calling for military action in Somalia or any of the other African countries where innocents die every day because they aren’t in the Middle East, plain and simple. All the current reports being done on the Syria issue are painting Russia and China as “heartless” for not caring about the deaths in Syria or supporting action against them, but in truth, those two countries are showing far more honesty about how they feel about it that the United States is.
Now, I am not saying what is happening in Syria is good or is right. In truth it sounds horrific, but how can the United States expect to get worldwide support for anything anymore? We have proven to the rest of the world a loooong time ago that we are amongst the most slimy, integrity-lacking, lowlifes on the planet and we will lie, cheat and steal with no shame to advance our hypocritical agenda. Our concern over what is happening in Syria has NOTHING to do with the people dying and has everything to do with out constant fiending for power. We want to control Syria because we want to control Iran. We want to control Iran for the oil there, for the opium there and so we can feel as if we are the most powerful nation on the planet. We want control of that area so we can have every advantage we can get over Russia and over China, despite the fact that our greed for money is what is currently fueling China’s growth.
Now, you can read this post and think I hate America, think I hate freedom and think I don’t care about innocent death but if that is what you get from this post then you were already to far gone into a state of brainwashed stupor for me to ever show you anything anyways. A country that dishonestly uses everything they can to advance secret agendas so they can conquer the world is the lowest form of scum on this planet, and the United States stands at the head of that line without a doubt. I truly hope people see the hypocrisy going on right now and refuse to stand by it, that would really make me happy, but unfortunately, most people are too busy watching Miley Cyrus shake her as on MTV to care…….humanity should be ashamed of themselves…
It has been a while folks. Staying home with a one year old is a full-time job so I took a blogging break over the summer. After a lot of fun with the kids, a trip to Coco Beach, Florida for a ten day vacation, and a nice summer, life has resumed it normalcy. The kids are back in school, and I am again using my free time to express my staggering disbelief over human behavior and society. Today, as a resident of Illinois……..arguably the worst state in the Union, I wanted to take a few minutes to point out some logical reasons I see in the marijuana laws in this particular state as a glowing example of how money, hypocrisy and illogical thinking continue to plague our people, Americans, at every turn.
Consider the following statistics concerning DUI statistics in Illinois from 2011
- 50,000+ people are arrested for DUI every year in Illinois
- In Illinois, 30.4 percent of all total driving fatalities in Illinois were alcohol related
- 22.4 percent of all total driving fatalities of people under the age of 21 were alcohol related, almost a quarter of them.
Those statistics are all glaring examples of why having alcohol legal and sold on every other block in this country is beyond ludicrous while keeping marijuana, a far less addictive and dangerous drug, illegal for possession or use. The whole concept of keeping a drug such as marijuana illegal based on it’s “negative effects” on people would make a lot of sense……if alcohol, something much worse by a wide margin, is available at every restaurant, bar and sporting event throughout the country. You don’t need to have endless statistics to argue the following points.
- Marijuana is far less addictive than alcohol- This one is common knowledge. Marijuana can be addictive, there is no doubt about that but something just being addictive isn’t necessarily grounds to make it illegal. Yes, there are regular smokers who use pot habitually but if they were to suddenly stop, the only real withdrawal is generalized anxiety over not having more. Withdrawal from severe alcoholism can literally kill a person. Withdrawal from cigarettes, arguably the most dangerous drug you can legally consume, is so devastating from a mental standpoint that most cigarette smokers winds up completely ignoring the fact that they are knowingly shortening their lives by continuing their smoking habit. Consider the previous two statements then explain to me how marijuana is more dangerous or addictive than tobacco or alcohol.
- Marijuana has medical uses- It is a known fact that marijuana consumption can have positive medical effects on more than two dozen conditions including glaucoma, various forms of cancer, multiple sclerosis and HIV/AIDS. It can provide pain relief and even act as a curing agent for these and other conditions. Have you ever heard of a doctor telling someone to drink as source of medical relief? How about a doctor prescribing someone to smoke more cigarettes?? Of course not, because both alcohol and tobacco have well established histories of being nothing but harmful, they provide no positive results in the body. This is not true when it comes to marijuana, which has been proved on a more and more regular basis to have positive results when used to alleviate suffering with various conditions.
- Almost one-third of all traffic fatalities are alcohol related– Do I have to say more? That statement is basically telling you that approximately one- third of our traffic fatalities are 100% preventable and also 100% caused by legal alcohol. How can this be? When we hear the reasons for marijuana to be illegal, is there a single negative statement that can be made about the drug that would be more severe than causing a third of all our traffic fatalities?
- Marijuana, a victimless crime, could be making more money for a state like Illinois, a state going bankrupt, a state unable to pay it’s teachers. If you took all the money that could be made in taxes on the sale of marijuana, a drug people are using everywhere regardless of the law, and then took the amount of money that would be saved by not policing and prosecuting users, maybe Illinois could actually live up to it’s financial responsibilities as a state government. Instead, during a time when the Illinois state government owes my children’s school district over a MILLION DOLLARS, they are out chasing and prosecuting people for using something faaaaaaar less dangerous than legal cigarettes and alcohol.
In the end, most of the points I made above are basic common knowledge. The reason this issue bugs me a little more than some people is that I live in Illinois, a state that has seen something like 4 of it’s last 6 governors go to jail. Illinois, a state that misuses funds, a state that is failing it’s citizens as much as if not more than every other state and as they are doing this, a product like marijuana, that could produce revenue and reduce law enforcement costs, therefore freeing that money up for things like CHILDREN’S EDUCATION, is still being demonized as things like alcohol and smoking are doing far worse damage every single day.